Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Recomend me a new printer
Quote | Reply
I have an oldish Canon but it started to act erratically, says no paper when the tray is full, no ink when the tank is not old...Didn't like it from the get go as it makes very loud clanky sounds like an old engine. I don't print much, few pages here and there, letters whatnot so I am looking for something simple, idiot proof, something that I don't need to call tech support to install. Don't care if it is not wireless, nothing fancy, just print.
Quote Reply
Re: Recomend me a new printer [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cheap Brother laser printer. All printers are on the razor blade model - the consumables are the big overhead - but if you're printing low volumes intermittently, a laser is a good bet as there are no ink nozzles to clog and dry up over periods of disuse.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have an Epsom ET 4760 ....ecotank, so i buy bottles of ink rather than the cartridges. works fine for my business as anything i print, copy or scan doesn't have to be photo level quality. Not had any issues with it in about 5 years. Just woke it up after a few weeks in storage and there were no issues.

Definitely print a lot less than i used to even in the relatively short time i have had it. All that print/sign/scan/email stuff i used to have to do has gone; but i'd probably still buy the same again.

And the question remains. where were you.
Quote Reply
Re: Recomend me a new printer [Greg66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Greg66 wrote:
Cheap Brother laser printer. All printers are on the razor blade model - the consumables are the big overhead - but if you're printing low volumes intermittently, a laser is a good bet as there are no ink nozzles to clog and dry up over periods of disuse.

+1. Same.
Quote Reply
Re: Recomend me a new printer [Helltrack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another vote for Brother laser printer.

Don't buy an inkjet. Don't buy an HP.
Quote Reply
Re: Recomend me a new printer [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 that my work sent to my house in March 2020 has taken a beating and still works great.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Recomend me a new printer [rich_m] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rich_m wrote:
i have an Epsom ET 4760 ....ecotank, so i buy bottles of ink rather than the cartridges. works fine for my business as anything i print, copy or scan doesn't have to be photo level quality. Not had any issues with it in about 5 years. Just woke it up after a few weeks in storage and there were no issues.

Definitely print a lot less than i used to even in the relatively short time i have had it. All that print/sign/scan/email stuff i used to have to do has gone; but i'd probably still buy the same again.

I have the Epsom ET4850 and love it. Goes forever on ink compared to a POS HP with their tiny, expensive cartridges and smeared-ink pages.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another vote for the Epson ET-4760, seems I've had mine longer than I realized as I have the ET-3760. We've had it at least 5+ years and it's been rock solid and very capable for typical home or home office printing needs. The refillable tanks are much better and less expensive than cartridges, especially because we may go a month or more without printing anything, where old cartridges would gum up and need replaced, the tanks do not.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply