Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Are we heading toward a consensus on saddle shape?
Quote | Reply
Previously lots of dedicated triathlon saddles were "diamond" shaped.

The new wave of saddles seem to be standardizing on straight/wide noses with a full length cutout.

For those who have ridden both, are the newer designs a significant improvement (and in what ways)? Is this set to become the "default" saddle design for tri bikes going forward? If nothing else it seems like it would be easier to dial in fit-wise due to the straight nose.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Are we heading toward a consensus on saddle shape? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hardly an expert here but when I bought my used Shiv a few months ago, it had that Sitero pictured first. I found that thing to be horribly painful after just a few miles. I've tried a couple newer designs with only modest improvement. As for me, I am just using a traditional road bike saddle with a full length cut out. It is narrow in the nose, like the newer designs, but I choose to have some more cushioning. Don't care what people think about it. I just want to be able to get off the bike in T2 and still use my legs for the run.
Quote Reply