Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Some promising Male AG demographics from Oceanside and Galveston
Quote | Reply
Nice to see that M50-54 or M45-49 aren't the largest AGs so far. That had been the trend over the last few years.

Oceanside 70.3 Largest Male AGs:
M30-34 313
M35-39 306
M25-29 283
M40-44 261
M45-49 226
M50-54 191

Texas 70.3 Largest Male AGs:
M40-44 194
M35-39 189
M45-49 181
M30-34 175
M25-29 154
M50-54 152

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Last edited by: The GMAN: Apr 8, 24 9:59
Quote Reply
Re: Some promising Male AG demographics from Oceanside and Galveston [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why do you consider that "promising"?
Quote Reply
Re: Some promising Male AG demographics from Oceanside and Galveston [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is that a serious question?

Quote Reply
Re: Some promising Male AG demographics from Oceanside and Galveston [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It probably is - haha.

I mean you could just say something like - it's good to see numbers rising in the younger AGs for the health of the sport - which I assume you mean - but you might not.

So...I think that is what the question was.

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Some promising Male AG demographics from Oceanside and Galveston [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dfru wrote:
It probably is - haha.

I mean you could just say something like - it's good to see numbers rising in the younger AGs for the health of the sport - which I assume you mean - but you might not.

Yes, the promising demographic is more younger athletes joining the sport. Let's hope there are enough affluent younger athletes who can afford the country club "cost of entry" to the sport between travel, hotels, bikes, entry fee (largely in that order even though entry fees may feel high, they are small in the bigger affordability picture)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Us millennials are giving up our avocado toast and bougie brunches in hopes of making a maurten move.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I interpret this as more young money in California or more young money in California that likes to put on skin tight spandex and workout.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For the sake of comparison -- can you pull women's numbers, and then total AG participation for this versus, say, 2019 for the sake of giggles?

(I'm busy with eclipse land. The whole state cancelled school...hooray, Vermont.)

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
Nice to see that M50-54 or M45-49 aren't the largest AGs so far. That had been the trend over the last few years.

Oceanside 70.3 Largest Male AGs:
M30-34 313
M35-39 306
M25-29 283
M40-44 261
M45-49 226
M50-54 191

Texas 70.3 Largest Male AGs:
M40-44 194
M35-39 189
M45-49 181
M30-34 175
M25-29 154
M50-54 152

Are younger athletes getting there parents old Bike as a hand me down??? Great news for the sport.

Technique will always last longer then energy production. Improve biomechanics, improve performance.
http://Www.anthonytoth.ca, triathletetoth@twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Some promising Male AG demographics from Oceanside and Galveston [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
dfru wrote:
It probably is - haha.

Yes, the promising demographic is more younger athletes joining the sport. Let's hope there are enough affluent younger athletes who can afford the country club "cost of entry" to the sport between travel, hotels, bikes, entry fee (largely in that order even though entry fees may feel high, they are small in the bigger affordability picture)

Bingo.

Quote Reply
Re: Some promising Male AG demographics from Oceanside and Galveston [Lurker4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And TX
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As a M30-34 MOP athlete, I have much enjoyed getting 2nd/3rd at local races (out of 4-8 competitors). This trend is not good for future podium prizes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
iirc according to the tracker at Oceanside my age group (35-39) showed 334 earlier in the day, 293 shortly after I finished, then rose to 306 by the end of day.
Quote Reply