Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What are your weekend plans? Mar. 30/31, Easter weekend
Quote | Reply
What are you up to?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: What are your weekend plans? Mar. 30/31, Easter weekend [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just arrived in Dubai

Going for a pint - to start with
Quote Reply
Re: What are your weekend plans? Mar. 30/31, Easter weekend [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A large plant grower for Monrovia, Proven Winners, etc has an outlet with cheap plants. Hitting them up on our way to Round Top Antiques show.
This show has been featured on Fixer Upper. Miles of tents line the streets selling furniture, decorations, and old stuff.
Quote Reply
Re: What are your weekend plans? Mar. 30/31, Easter weekend [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Today I am volunteer at the special Olympics swim meet, so tomorrow I will work. I also will probably do my final maple syrup boil this weekend, and take the taps out.
My aunt and uncle are coming for Sunday brunch.
Am reading The Martian, which is a good book.
Will exercise at least one day, hopefully both

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m starting early I have some friends in town and am having a blast doing a tour of all of the bunny slopes I have not skied since my daughter was 3.
Quote Reply
Re: What are your weekend plans? Mar. 30/31, Easter weekend [Bumble Bee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bumble Bee wrote:
A large plant grower for Monrovia, Proven Winners, etc has an outlet with cheap plants. Hitting them up on our way to Round Top Antiques show.
This show has been featured on Fixer Upper. Miles of tents line the streets selling furniture, decorations, and old stuff.

Whoa, that sounds fun! I hope the weather is good for you.

We have rain forecast here, so that complicates our plans. The kids & I are helping my ex move into his new place. We have lots of flowers blooming and beginning to bloom, though. I’ll hold off on plants until my parents visit in a few weeks. My mom loves to visit the plant store.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Heading to the Vineyard to spend the weekend with the in-laws. Typical flurry of activity today to get my clients diplomatically told to hold their water for a few days, get the family packed, the house locked up, and all of us launched (including a very energetic border collie/German shepherd mix who sees us packing and is stressed out that she's going to be left behind).

I will be happy when we're on the ferry and I can have a cup of chowder and a beer.

Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
reading The Martian, which is a good book.

Yup, that's a fun read. If you haven't seen the movie, it's also worth a watch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dinner at five-star steakhouse tonight with friends that I owe a dinner too for a putting me in a great business deal.

Youth sports tomorrow mixed with more youth sports. Probably take the boat out in the evening for some fishing action in the gulf. Possibly stop by the Ducati dealer Tomorow as in the market for another motorcycle and the Ducati Monster and Ducati Scrambler are all calling my name. Need to make a decision on which one.

Going to Church Sunday morning (Easter Sunday) to celebrate the resurrection. Easter lunch with tons of family at the house and kids and folks running around playing games, swimming in the pool and raising havoc. Good little weekend on tap.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's already weekend here.

Run on Tamaki drive to St Heliers. Island Gelato to get all them calories back and more. :p Hang out on the beach. Ride on northwest trail tomorrow. Putz around the Viaduct after. IDK. I try not to plan these things too much. Then I have expectations. Best not to have expectations.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wifey and I will be on a plane headed to St. Thomas early tomorrow. Couple days on our own to enjoy and then business meetings Tuesday to Thursday. Should be a very nice trip.
Last edited by: SWEDE63: Mar 29, 24 13:02
Quote Reply
Re: What are your weekend plans? Mar. 30/31, Easter weekend [SWEDE63] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dinner at a 5-star steak restaurant tomorrow with friends, then the rest of the weekend will be getting ready to have wrist surgery next Tuesday (clean house, go get mani/pedi and get dip taken off, do laundry). I have also been very neglectful in doing any writing so I owe my poetry teacher a number of poems. I also need to FaceTime with my little KC dude and catch up with him over the weekend.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: What are your weekend plans? Mar. 30/31, Easter weekend [wimsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
very energetic border collie/German shepherd mix

pic?
my brother's got a border collie/Newfoundland mix. Smartest dog I've ever met (this is not bias- it's an opinion shared by many not related to said sibling/dog). She's closer to a collie in size.

I'll watch The Martian when I'm done w the book!

Last edited by: Dr. Tigerchik: Mar 29, 24 11:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Going to watch all The South Park Easter Episode and have a a few good laugh !
Quote Reply
Re: What are your weekend plans? Mar. 30/31, Easter weekend [HiKai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oooh, I don't think I've seen that one! I do love south park

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Q: How do you catch a unique rabbit?

A: Unique up on it!

Q: How do you catch a tame rabbit?

A: The tame way!
Quote Reply
Re: What are your weekend plans? Mar. 30/31, Easter weekend [Barks&Purrs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
today I have
-collected the last of my sap, taken the taps out, washed everything
-tried to boil sap but it's too windy (I use the grill)
-got a couple work projects done
-did some easy tailoring on a pair of dress pants
-read

will spend the rest of the day reading/netflix/crossword, as am anxious

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Impromptu cattle drive. Father in law forgot to close a gate. At least the weather was cooperating.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: What are your weekend plans? Mar. 30/31, Easter weekend [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nice pic! Were you on foot, horseback, or on some sort of vehicle?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We had two on foot, two in side by side UTVs. I was in the U when I took this. There were a couple bulls in the mix and feeling feisty so it was reassuring (falsely maybe) to be in a vehicle with a roll cage.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not working! Lol

Yesterday, grocery store (madhouse); worked on my granddaughter's Snow White dress I'm making her; finished off a (not Lego) brick set of a truck camper that was pretty awesome.

Today, I need to bake a couple of things before we go see the kids.

Hope you got to relax some yesterday.

@clm, good luck with your surgery!
Quote Reply
Re: What are your weekend plans? Mar. 30/31, Easter weekend [bt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did get to relax a little yesterday - reading was relaxing.

today so far I
did work
boiled sap on the girll
helped my mom make Easter brunch (we hosted)
had Easter brunch w my aunt, uncle, and mom - I had a scone along w my healthy stuff bc you only live once, except if you're Jesus
played spades and hearts w my aunt, uncle, and mom
finished the syrup on the stove - and that's the last of my sap (I pulled the taps yesterday) so my syrup production is done for the year. Timing feels right, was getting bored making it today

no exercise this weekend due to shoulder pain Fri :-(

My dad works at a paper mill and something went awry there in the middle of last night. He worked all night and all of today and wasn't around for Easter :-(

Last edited by: Dr. Tigerchik: Mar 31, 24 13:32
Quote Reply