Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Road House remake feat. Jake Gyllenhaal and Conor McGregor [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
Haven't seen it, but may queue it up for a trainer ride. Reading everyone's reviews, this sounds like a perfect movie to get real high ( I do not partake) and watch, or take a shot ( I do imbibe) when something totally fucking ridiculous happens.

Good way to kill some time so the bolded is a good idea. The movie was not great but it was mindless entertainment,

Sadly, I don't think I've seen a movie made in the past 5 or 10 years (except Top Gun 2) that was even average. So much new stuff just sucks beyond belief.

As for Connor - Its hard to believe he fought at 155 looking at him now.
Quote Reply
Re: Road House remake feat. Jake Gyllenhaal and Conor McGregor [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B.McMaster wrote:
mck414 wrote:
Haven't seen it, but may queue it up for a trainer ride. Reading everyone's reviews, this sounds like a perfect movie to get real high ( I do not partake) and watch, or take a shot ( I do imbibe) when something totally fucking ridiculous happens.

Good way to kill some time so the bolded is a good idea. The movie was not great but it was mindless entertainment,

Sadly, I don't think I've seen a movie made in the past 5 or 10 years (except Top Gun 2) that was even average. So much new stuff just sucks beyond belief.

As for Connor - Its hard to believe he fought at 155 looking at him now.

He fought at 145 before that too!

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Road House remake feat. Jake Gyllenhaal and Conor McGregor [Durhamskier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Durhamskier wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:
Durhamskier wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:
Durhamskier wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:
ironclm wrote:
ETA: I've never seen the original

I've never seen it either. I don't get what the hype is about.

I dunno, maybe because you've never seen it? I've never watched the Godfather so I don't get why it's such a big deal, either.

The Godfather won three Oscars and is widely considered one of the most iconic ever made.

Yeah, but I've never seen it so I don't get the hype.

Were you aware that the Sistine chapel was kind of a big deal before you saw it? Or did you not get the hype of that one either.

So we agree that the premise that "I've never seen it either. I don't get what the hype is about." is a stupid idea, then? Great.

Yeah, sure, if you start from the assumption that a modern work of art and some B rate movie that is apparently as good as Gigli are the same thing, what you're saying makes perfect sense.

Quote Reply
Re: Road House remake feat. Jake Gyllenhaal and Conor McGregor [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How about "All art is subjective and to judge it properly you need to experience it"? Would that work for you? It holds up for visual art, movies, music and TikToks.

If you don't get it, I've run out of crayons trying to explain it to you.
Quote Reply
Re: Road House remake feat. Jake Gyllenhaal and Conor McGregor [Durhamskier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Durhamskier wrote:
How about "All art is subjective and to judge it properly you need to experience it"? Would that work for you? It holds up for visual art, movies, music and TikToks.

Apparently you've run out of tampons, too.

Quote Reply
Re: Road House remake feat. Jake Gyllenhaal and Conor McGregor [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
Durhamskier wrote:

Well at least I know that if you can only resort to personal attacks without anything else, you realize you're wrong. It takes a big man to admit that they're wrong. I hope you can find some and they can explain that to you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Durhamskier wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:
Durhamskier wrote:

Well at least I know that if you can only resort to personal attacks without anything else, you realize you're wrong. It takes a big man to admit that they're wrong. I hope you can find some and they can explain that to you.

You both should fuck off to a more serious thread somewhere. This one’s about a shitty remake of a movie that was so bad it was good. A movie in which Patrick Swayze rips a dude’s throat out with his bare hands, and utters such memorable quips as “Pain don’t hurt.” There’s nothing serious about it.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Road House remake feat. Jake Gyllenhaal and Conor McGregor [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tread carefully, lest Durhamskier feels provoked in to pointing his crayons of logic in your direction...

But, yeah, I'm done wasting my time on that. Fucking off, sir!

Quote Reply
Re: Road House remake feat. Jake Gyllenhaal and Conor McGregor [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It wasn't as near as good for me as the original. It was fun to watch. Just so much more brutal and graphic and more unbelievable. Jake never came across like the original Dalton.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Durhamskier wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:
Durhamskier wrote:

Dude, you essentially called his stance stupid and then said you needed crayons to explain it to him but you’re pulling the ah hominem card bc he then said you ran out of tampons?

Chill the fuck out. The original was one of the iconic stupid but good movies for a few reasons but I know plenty of people that don’t like it or heard about it but didn’t wanna see it.

So just chill out and be nice until it’s time to not be nice.
Quote Reply
Re: Road House remake feat. Jake Gyllenhaal and Conor McGregor [Yeeper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeeper wrote:
Durhamskier wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:
Durhamskier wrote:

Dude, you essentially called his stance stupid and then said you needed crayons to explain it to him but you’re pulling the ah hominem card bc he then said you ran out of tampons?

Chill the fuck out. The original was one of the iconic stupid but good movies for a few reasons but I know plenty of people that don’t like it or heard about it but didn’t wanna see it.

I split the difference. I made a point PLUS the ad hominem attack. I can do two things. He can only do the one because he doesn't have a leg to stand on.

So just relax and chill out. If you don't like my posts, feel free to not read them.
Quote Reply
Re: Road House remake feat. Jake Gyllenhaal and Conor McGregor [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m watching the original right now. It’s like a Best Picture nominee in comparison to the remake.

Sam Elliot is always the coolest guy in anything he’s in.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Durhamskier wrote:
Yeeper wrote:
Durhamskier wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:
Durhamskier wrote:

I split the difference. I made a point PLUS the ad hominem attack. I can do two things. He can only do the one because he doesn't have a leg to stand on.

So just relax and chill out. If you don't like my posts, feel free to not read them.

-3 pts for a lame reply and missing the glaring roadhouse reference while you vigorously defend it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes he is and thank goodness some one else noticed Wade Garett missed the remake.

Kelly lynch is and was insanely hot and was alos in Cocktail, another amazing movie.

These are all much better than movies like Snake Eater, though Lamas did nail it in Renegade
Quote Reply
Re: Road House remake feat. Jake Gyllenhaal and Conor McGregor [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
That movie just sucked.

Gyllenhaal actually wasn’t that bad in it. Everyone else was bad beyond words. Conor McGregor should stick to his day job. Also the script was total shit.

The Keys looked beautiful though.

That about sums it up.

This x 10. And they left the opportunity for a (probably terrible) sequel as well.

The original Dalton, like the Highlander, there can be only one.

So disappointed....why can't any refreshes be done well?

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." John Rogers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
That movie just sucked.

Gyllenhaal actually wasn’t that bad in it. Everyone else was bad beyond words. Conor McGregor should stick to his day job. Also the script was total shit.

Apparently the movie was filmed in the Dominican Republic and not the Keys.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
That movie just sucked.

Watched it last night. It was entertaining and I’m glad I didn’t have to pay for it.

Gyllenhaal is an excellent actor and I really enjoy his movies. The rest were crap. CM is a terrible actor but he delivered as expected. Did seem a bit forced though. Could have done without his random car scenes and him crashing into everything as he parked.

Final fight scene was pretty good except for the end. Wooden stakes seemed overkill to me. As was the boat flying through the air a la Bad Boys or Fast and Furious.

But I laughed quite a bit in the car scene when he was driving the dudes to the hospital and said “bump.”

The scenery was great though.
Quote Reply
Re: Road House remake feat. Jake Gyllenhaal and Conor McGregor [Yeeper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeeper wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
That movie just sucked.

Watched it last night. It was entertaining and I’m glad I didn’t have to pay for it.

Gyllenhaal is an excellent actor and I really enjoy his movies. The rest were crap. CM is a terrible actor but he delivered as expected. Did seem a bit forced though. Could have done without his random car scenes and him crashing into everything as he parked.

Final fight scene was pretty good except for the end. Wooden stakes seemed overkill to me. As was the boat flying through the air a la Bad Boys or Fast and Furious.

But I laughed quite a bit in the car scene when he was driving the dudes to the hospital and said “bump.”

The scenery was great though.
Have to agree, though I was not a fan of the fight scenes, watched the original and liked it in general better, and in particular for the band Jeff Healey is a Canadian icon and was a great blue/jazz player..
Quote Reply
Re: Road House remake feat. Jake Gyllenhaal and Conor McGregor [s5100e] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha, it was a terrible movie, but so was the first one.

That being said, I liked it. I thought there was a lot of funny moments, CM isn't an actor and you could tell, but overall I put it in the category of solidly
entertaining.

The good thing about movies is if you don't like it, just stop watching!
Quote Reply
Re: Road House remake feat. Jake Gyllenhaal and Conor McGregor [ErnieK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But the first one was terribly good. This was just terribly terrible. I don't know if all the steroids JG took affected his acting but he was horrible. The script was horrible. The lack of scenery was horrible. The villain was a joke. The best actor was the fake crocodile. And they didn't even use a see you later alligator joke with it. The only good thing is the theater I saw it in serves really nice cocktails.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Road House remake feat. Jake Gyllenhaal and Conor McGregor [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
But the first one was terribly good. This was just terribly terrible. I don't know if all the steroids JG took affected his acting but he was horrible. The script was horrible. The lack of scenery was horrible. The villain was a joke. The best actor was the fake crocodile. And they didn't even use a see you later alligator joke with it. The only good thing is the theater I saw it in serves really nice cocktails.

The first one kinda ran out of steam near the end, but on the whole I've always felt like the film transcended rational analysis.

The new one though...woof. Just a drab, Potemkin movie.
Quote Reply
Re: Road House remake feat. Jake Gyllenhaal and Conor McGregor [geetee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The newest version exceeded my exceptionally low expectations.

It sucked less than some of you made it seem.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply

Prev Next