Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WTB: Front Wheel Carbon Clincher Rim Brake
Quote | Reply
Looking for a more aero front wheel. 50-70 mm depth. Rim brake, clincher- tubeless would he be great. Something optimized for 25mm tire
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: Front Wheel Carbon Clincher Rim Brake [supbalsh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I understand where you're coming from. Just a word of warning though. I have a Reynolds AR80 wheel set (80mm front and back) and a deep wheel on the front definitely gets to feeling unstable with any kind of cross wind. Keep that in mind when you're considering offers. My very limited experience suggests <50mm would probably be the best all around wheel.

I'm looking at a 32mm wheel set for another bike right now with the intent of being able to toss the front on my Shiv on windy days.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: Front Wheel Carbon Clincher Rim Brake [VegasJen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This would be exclusively used for time trials so I’m not too worried about wind

VegasJen wrote:
I understand where you're coming from. Just a word of warning though. I have a Reynolds AR80 wheel set (80mm front and back) and a deep wheel on the front definitely gets to feeling unstable with any kind of cross wind. Keep that in mind when you're considering offers. My very limited experience suggests <50mm would probably be the best all around wheel.

I'm looking at a 32mm wheel set for another bike right now with the intent of being able to toss the front on my Shiv on windy days.
Last edited by: supbalsh: Mar 24, 24 14:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gotcha. Considered an 80mm? ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Princeton Coda 9590 w/DT Swiss 240s hub, has around 100 miles on it. I know it’s a little deeper than requested but the wheel is pretty stable. Handling wise really fell no different than the Wake 6560.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: Front Wheel Carbon Clincher Rim Brake [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I think it’s a bit too much wheel for me and maybe a bit out of my price range
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

How much?

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Curious of asking price, @mike s
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: Front Wheel Carbon Clincher Rim Brake [nogluten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn’t list a price mainly because I don’t have it listed for sale, I probably won’t be racing this year so it’s just sitting here. The price is negotiable, assuming those know it’s worth and don’t come with some dumb offer.
Quote Reply