Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Elastic Laces
Quote | Reply
It's been a while since I've purchased any and my faves from the past (Easy Laces) are hard to find/hard to get so I'd like to hear what others are using. I'm all for simplicity, but if there are some that are worth the "set up" in the eyelets then let's hear about 'em.
Quote Reply
Re: Elastic Laces [AKCrafty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Elastic Laces [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same. But, I'd be open to an alternative... If someone had something better. I do find the lock doesn't lay as flat as they show in the Pic, and it can dig into my instep a bit. Not a big deal until mile 20 or so.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I buy two pair of swedish googles from swimout.com and use the bungie from those.

And I have two pair of goggles as well :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use these. HICKIES - No Tie Elastic Shoelaces
The only issue I have is that you have to be a bit creative with high insteps. In my race shoes, I only use one "lace", 2 or 3 eyelets down from the top.

"I keep hoping for you to use your superior intellect to be less insufferable. Sadly, you continue to disappoint." - gofigure
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The best! https://xtenex.com/

Kiwami Racing Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Xtenex...if you want to drop the coin and go through the setup. Getting them adjusted is a chore, but once it's done, you're set.

TBH though, most uppers are so stretchy these days I just use the stock laces and can easily pull on the shoes. Haven't tied laces on a pair of shoes for a training run or race in years.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there a type of elastic laces that stays very tight? I've tried a few different brands and they all feel kind of sloppy. I don't think I like my shoes too terribly incredibly tight, but tight enough that my feel basically don't move in them. Like a level that would be uncomfortable to wear all day for sitting at the office.

I love the idea of elastic laces. It just feels like I'm losing more time by my shoes slopping around than gained by not tying regular shoelaces.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
   I have my easy laces from many years ago also but they are worn out. Xtenex are okay but I found some that i prefer. A little bit of setup but pretty easy to use and very low profile. Look for anan520 elastic laces on Amazon.
Quote Reply
Re: Elastic Laces [GaryGeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GaryGeiger wrote:
The best! https://xtenex.com/

+1 for xtenex
Quote Reply
Re: Elastic Laces [mathematics] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mathematics wrote:
Is there a type of elastic laces that stays very tight? I've tried a few different brands and they all feel kind of sloppy. I don't think I like my shoes too terribly incredibly tight, but tight enough that my feel basically don't move in them. Like a level that would be uncomfortable to wear all day for sitting at the office.

I love the idea of elastic laces. It just feels like I'm losing more time by my shoes slopping around than gained by not tying regular shoelaces.

For this exact reason. I developed The Gripp speed lock. keeping the stability and adjustment of laces. it's currently in it's beta testing phase at the moment. I am getting good feedback
Last edited by: Chuckie M: Mar 21, 24 12:57
Quote Reply
Re: Elastic Laces [mathematics] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can tighten the previously mentioned Lock Laces up pretty tight. Like you said I run with my shoes tighter than I would for daily use but I can tighten Lock Laces up too tight, but they're easy enough to loosen a bit.
Quote Reply
Re: Elastic Laces [txtyree] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gripp 1.jpg
Last edited by: Chuckie M: Mar 28, 24 14:37
Quote Reply