Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ethics are for you but not for me [Nutella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Milo wrecked his own "career," otherwise plausible corroboration.
Last edited by: trail: Jan 8, 23 7:27
Quote Reply
Re: Ethics are for you but not for me [Barks&Purrs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Barks&Purrs wrote:
This morning, I saw someone share this 2012 opinion piece. Interesting portions that catch my eye:

“The GOP has become an insurgent outlier in American politics. It is ideologically extreme; scornful of compromise; unmoved by conventional understanding of facts, evidence and science; and dismissive of the legitimacy of its political opposition.”

“ “Both sides do it” or “There is plenty of blame to go around” are the traditional refuges for an American news media intent on proving its lack of bias, while political scientists prefer generality and neutrality when discussing partisan polarization.”

I put it here because we probably need to explore the concept of NEUTRALITY. Neutrality is the refusal to take part in a war between other powers.

How does one act in a neutral way?
What does one do or say?
What are the benefits of neutrality?
Who do we expect to be neutral?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/...IQAxCVUlT_story.html

Thanks for the link. The recent historical perspective offered helps to remind that the "war" wasn't always a war.

As for neutrality and in an effort to bring this back to the OP and ethics. The Supreme court, of all courts within the judiciary, as I understand it has placed themselves above the ethics fray and has not set a written defined standard on the subject. My inference is they are above reproach as the supreme arbitrators and all of their actions are neutrally bounded and without bias.

With Ginni Thomas being out and vocal in the public square, with nominations now placed into the hands of judiciary lobbyists and not Presidents, one could argue neutrality within the workings of the court have taken a hit and require an ethics standard beyond the their current code of conduct workings.

The recent Santos saga now looks to go before the ethics committee of the House. I would think that your neutrality, not in the fray position is embodied in this committee. Does this body act in a neutral way or can it act in a neutral way. Membership is evenly split between the political warring factions. Membership is selected with insight given to character and the ability to judge neutrally.
I would look to the Santos ethics resolution for a neutrality checkup and would think their actions might best answer your 4 questions.

As for this current thread derailment into accusations against a political operative who does not hold public office. Hopefully the national democrats remain neutral and allow this political war to play out to its rightful conclusion without their involvement. This is a time tested political takedown. Neutral is not playing in this takedown. This is a skirmish in the current inter party Republican civil war.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Knives are unsheathed and out.
Quote Reply
Re: Ethics are for you but not for me [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 CPAC treasurer resigns, alleges financial and staff mismanagement by Matt Schlapp - The Washington Post

Quote:
Bob Beauprez, the treasurer of the American Conservative Union and a board member for eight years, said he had “lost confidence” in the organization’s financial statements and could not solicit donations “in good faith.” He blamed Schlapp forexcessive staffdepartures and suggested that violations of the organization’s bylaws could expose the storied institution to lawsuits or even criminal prosecution.

“A cancer has been metastasizing within the organization for years. It must be diagnosed, treated, and cured, or it will destroy” the organization and its foundation, Beauprez said in the letter, which was obtained by The Washington Post. “I’ve come to think that the expectations for my role as a director and officer is much the same as that of a mushroom — ‘To be kept in the dark and fed a lot of manure.’ I no longer am willing to comply.”

The 13-pageletter, delivered Tuesday ahead of a scheduled June 1board meeting, escalates the internal and public pressure on Schlapp,who as ACU chairman since 2014, has become a fixture in conservative media. But his leadership is facing multiple challenges amid corporate backlash over CPAC’s embrace of the far right in the United States and abroad, as well as reduced turnout at its flagship Washington-area conference in March. Schlapp called the event a “home run.”

The Conservative movement has become a giant grift.
Quote Reply
Re: Ethics are for you but not for me [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CPAC urged to probe more sexual misconduct claims against chair Matt Schlapp - The Washington Post

Quote:
In addition to that lawsuit, some board members and staffers have been told about other incidents involving Schlapp, 55, and two younger men, multiple people with direct knowledge of the situation said.

Lots of financial mismanagement

Quote:
Gerow’s resignation is the third by a member of the board’s eight-member executive committee in recent months. When ACU Treasurer Bob Beauprez quit in May, he wrote a resignation letter saying he had “lost confidence” in the organization’s financial statements, blamed Schlapp for excessive staff departures, and suggested that violations of the organization’s bylaws could expose the organization to lawsuits or criminal prosecution.

I remember when CPAC was considered a platform for serious policy discussion. Now, like much of the GOP, it is a refuge for grifters, trolls, and sexual predators.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nutella wrote:
CPAC urged to probe more sexual misconduct claims against chair Matt Schlapp - The Washington Post

Quote:
In addition to that lawsuit, some board members and staffers have been told about other incidents involving Schlapp, 55, and two younger men, multiple people with direct knowledge of the situation said.

Lots of financial mismanagement

Quote:
Gerow’s resignation is the third by a member of the board’s eight-member executive committee in recent months. When ACU Treasurer Bob Beauprez quit in May, he wrote a resignation letter saying he had “lost confidence” in the organization’s financial statements, blamed Schlapp for excessive staff departures, and suggested that violations of the organization’s bylaws could expose the organization to lawsuits or criminal prosecution.

I remember when CPAC was considered a platform for serious policy discussion. Now, like much of the GOP, it is a refuge for grifters, trolls, and sexual predators.

The John Birchers had some baggage not wanted among conservatives. Barry Goldwater got crushed. And the ACU was stood up. I wonder what they will call their future clan gatherings now that Schlapp is on his way out the door? Grifters and their pursuit of the donors wealth does appear to have taken center stage.
Quote Reply
Re: Ethics are for you but not for me [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Schlapp’s insurance company paid $480k to Walker’s aid. Schlapp’s pr machine tried to make it sound like he was exonerated. https://www.cnn.com/...t-lawsuit/index.html
Quote Reply

Prev Next