Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: who has stopped riding outside? (mostly) [imsparticus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's time for me to hang it up. I already have lingering issues from previous crashes and don't want to lose any more than I already have. I had a great 25 years riding in at least 15 states, up and down some great mountains, and through 9 full IMs and lots of halves.

I will still do selected rides on bike paths, neighborhoods, and indoors but I don't race anymore so have no need for the 5hr rides. My Speed Concept and Zipp wheels will be for sale soon.
Quote Reply
Re: who has stopped riding outside? (mostly) [Chris Martin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chris Martin wrote:
It's time for me to hang it up. I already have lingering issues from previous crashes and don't want to lose any more than I already have. I had a great 25 years riding in at least 15 states, up and down some great mountains, and through 9 full IMs and lots of halves.

I will still do selected rides on bike paths, neighborhoods, and indoors but I don't race anymore so have no need for the 5hr rides. My Speed Concept and Zipp wheels will be for sale soon.

You sound grateful for the good times you had. Good for you.

And it comes to you how it all slips away
Youth and beauty are gone one day
No matter what you dream or feel or say
It ends in dust and disarray
Like wind on the plains, sand through the glass
Waves rolling in with the tide
Dreams die hard and we watch them erode
But we cannot be denied
The fire inside
Quote Reply
Re: who has stopped riding outside? (mostly) [imsparticus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am so grateful. From Palomar Mountain in San Diego to Mt Mitchell in North Carolina I got to see a lot of great roads. The only thing I never crossed off the list was a European cycling trip. Anyway I’m glad I made it out alive and without a major debilitating injury.
Quote Reply

Prev Next