Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Yeah, I don't have that much cash [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
One reason why it might be done is what that crazy old shark Kevin O’Leary said out loud -
“Everything you just listed off is done by every real estate developer everywhere on Earth in every city," O'Leary responded. "This has never, ever been prosecuted."

Things listed off -
falsification of business records
issuing false financial records

Rich people live by a different set of rules.

Bingo.

This is how real estate deals are done. NY will have big problems in the future if this is the new standard for prosecuting developers.
Quote Reply
Re: Yeah, I don't have that much cash [svennn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
svennn wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
One reason why it might be done is what that crazy old shark Kevin O’Leary said out loud -
“Everything you just listed off is done by every real estate developer everywhere on Earth in every city," O'Leary responded. "This has never, ever been prosecuted."

Things listed off -

Bingo.

This is how real estate deals are done. NY will have big problems in the future if this is the new standard for prosecuting developers.

Why?
Quote Reply
Re: Yeah, I don't have that much cash [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
svennn wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:

Things listed off -

Bingo.

Why?

You tell me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:

Things listed off -

Everyone does it, therefore it's ok.

I will remember to use this defense the next time I get a speeding ticket and report back as to how it worked for me.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
svennn wrote:
chaparral wrote:
svennn wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:

Things listed off -

Bingo.

Why?

You tell me.

How would I tell you what problems you think there will be?

Do you not understand how this works?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
How would I tell you what problems you think there will be?

Do you not understand how this works?

This reminds me of the time JHarris wanted me to do research on why HE liked donald trump.

The reason why this hasnt been prosecuted is because it is incredibly hard to prove intent. See HRC. This is also why trump hasnt been prosecuted for so many other crimes, the intent standard in a criminal lawsuit is really high. The reason this was able to be prosecuted for intent was because of the long, public track record that trump had created.

Companies also get tried and handed fines for tax fraud all the time.
Quote Reply
Re: Yeah, I don't have that much cash [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:

Things listed off -

Everyone does it, therefore it's ok.

I will remember to use this defense the next time I get a speeding ticket and report back as to how it worked for me.

Depends. How rich are you?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It doesn’t matter how rich you are. Everyone does it, is not going to cut it.

Trump will likely have his fine reduced. He won’t have it eliminated.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
svennn wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:

Things listed off -

Bingo.

Why?

are you not aware that proformas are relied upon frequently in real estate valuation and underwriting? have you ever seen an optimistic proforma? or a conservative one?
Quote Reply
Re: Yeah, I don't have that much cash [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
It doesn’t matter how rich you are. Everyone does it, is not going to cut it.

Trump will likely have his fine reduced. He won’t have it eliminated.

I have no idea what is going to happen. I was just answering someone’s question about why a positive outcome for Trump could happen.

I think if it’s that’s pervasive, maybe we do need to start going after all of the criminals, starting with Kevin O’Leary.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
svennn wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:

Things listed off -

Bingo.

It won’t become some new standard for prosecuting developers or other people seeking loans. This prosecution would not have happened if Trump were just a private developer. It was his public/political role that led to the revelations by Cohen among others. Any savvy developer should understand that.
Quote Reply
Re: Yeah, I don't have that much cash [907Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
907Tri wrote:
Greg66 wrote:
Define “win”. Reduce the first instance judgment, or overturn it. Both can be seen as wins.

I think it being overturned is a strong possibility.

I have yet to see a single expert say this should be overturned. Reduced, sure, but not overturned.

Why should it be overturned?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
svennn wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:

Things listed off -

Bingo.

The more likely response to Trump losing a bunch of $$$$ due to illegal fraud would be NY developers being more honest in their business practices. How is that a "big problem" for NY?
Quote Reply
Re: Yeah, I don't have that much cash [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
chaparral wrote:
svennn wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:

Things listed off -

Bingo.

Why?

are you not aware that proformas are relied upon frequently in real estate valuation and underwriting? have you ever seen an optimistic proforma? or a conservative one?

https://wallstreetonparade.com/...y-sell-to-investors/
Quote Reply
Re: Yeah, I don't have that much cash [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So the person posting trumps bond doesn’t hasn’t shown 1) how he has the cash for the bond, 2) isn’t licensed to give bonds in New York.

It’s easy things like this that make it clear that trump doesn’t surround himself with people who can procedurally function. I don’t see how the MAGA crew can’t see that.
Quote Reply
Re: Yeah, I don't have that much cash [sosayusall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know Don Hankey personally having worked for him for years. This is a rounding error for him if it doesn't work out. He is likely making 15%++ just for the gravitas of his financial position....

Love that Trump's viability is pretty much sub-prime.

Owners of DJT are going to learn a harsh lesson in fealty.....

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." John Rogers
Last edited by: mopdahl: Apr 5, 24 17:31
Quote Reply
Re: Yeah, I don't have that much cash [mopdahl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mopdahl wrote:
I know Don Hankey personally having worked for him for years. This is a rounding error for him if it doesn't work out. He is likely making 15%++ just for the gravitas of his financial position....

Lobe that Trump's viability is pretty much sub-prime.

Owners of DJT are going to learn a harsh lesson in fealty.....

Doesn't this make Hankey an owner of DJT?
Quote Reply
Re: Yeah, I don't have that much cash [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hankey isn't dumb enough to take DJT stock as collateral. Trump put up cash and significant RE as collateral.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." John Rogers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I completely agree that some MAGA rich guys can front the bill. But what’s crazy is that trumps team really can’t do anything competently.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any chance the incompetency is on purpose to gain an edge, knowing there will be no repercussions? Not sure what edge in this case, maybe further delays?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mopdahl wrote:
Hankey isn't dumb enough to take DJT stock as collateral. Trump put up cash and significant RE as collateral.

It was a poor attempt at a joke, implying that Hankey now owns Donald.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Any chance the incompetency is on purpose to gain an edge,

While it may be on purpose. in a normal world people would look to someone not being able to follow simple procedures or hire people who can, should not be running the government. Its just a microcosm of how trump runs things. 1) do things wrong, 2) have people ask if he is doing it on purpose, 3) ignore it, 4) argue people are out to get you and you are being treated unfairly - and that most people dont get scrutinized.

The reason is because at high levels people are generally competent. Trump cant get competent people around him. That is a major issue - and one that was initially addressed by trump's inexperience that he would hire the best people, which he cant.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sosayusall wrote:
So the person posting trumps bond doesn’t hasn’t shown 1) how he has the cash for the bond, 2) isn’t licensed to give bonds in New York.

It’s easy things like this that make it clear that trump doesn’t surround himself with people who can procedurally function. I don’t see how the MAGA crew can’t see that.

Will this bond get rejected? It seems to me there are a number of issues regarding this bond which would disqualify it in New York.
Quote Reply

Prev Next