Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

RNC hiring - Do you believe the 2020 election was stolen?
Quote | Reply
Yeah. Make sure you hire only the ones who believe a lie. Only the best.

. https://www.yahoo.com/...ether-033422073.html

Current and potential staffers at the Republican National Committee have been asked in recent job interviews whether they believe the 2020 election was stolen, according to two sources familiar with the questioning.

Over the past few weeks, trump advisers have asked current and potential RNC employees about their views of fraud during the 2020 election, with the question serving as an apparent litmus test for hiring, the sources said.

Use of the question comes after the Trump campaign has effectively merged its operations with the RNC.
Last edited by: Rick_pcfl: Mar 27, 24 6:49
Quote Reply
Re: RNC hiring - Do you believe the 2020 election was stolen? [Rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think we all know the RNC is the “RNC” in name only at this point. It’s the Trump Reelection Committee.

If I were a traditional conservative Republican politician, I’d be looking around for colleagues to leave the RNC and reform a real Republican party.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: RNC hiring - Do you believe the 2020 election was stolen? [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
I think we all know the RNC is the “RNC” in name only at this point. It’s the Trump Reelection Committee.

If I were a traditional conservative Republican politician, I’d be looking around for colleagues to leave the RNC and reform a real Republican party.

At the height of the last general election season, local MAGAs were all over social media proclaiming that they would be leaving the Republican Party and forming their own. Usually some variation/combination involving the words "Constitution", "Patriot" or "Truth".

As far as I can tell, nothing ever came of it. Deep down they know they're the yappy minority who couldn't survive outside the fold of the party of "RINOs" they claim to despise, but will never admit it.
Quote Reply
Re: RNC hiring - Do you believe the 2020 election was stolen? [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RNCINO doesn't roll off the tongue like RINO.

What the Republican Party has become sucks.

In my microcosm of TX, Abbott and Paxton are running off Republicans who have spoken out about Paxton being a piece of shit(spelled out for emphasis).
Quote Reply
Re: RNC hiring - Do you believe the 2020 election was stolen? [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
slowguy wrote:

At the height of the last general election season, local MAGAs were all over social media proclaiming that they would be leaving the Republican Party and forming their own. Usually some variation/combination involving the words "Constitution", "Patriot" or "Truth".

As far as I can tell, nothing ever came of it. Deep down they know they're the yappy minority who couldn't survive outside the fold of the party of "RINOs" they claim to despise, but will never admit it.

They're stuck with one another. I can't imagine a MAGA only party or a traditional Republican party could survive without the other, they are more or less equal with the Dems as is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:

But you can't you effectively are starting another minor party. We are starting to see the ramifications of what we have allowed the Rep and Dem to do to our election process over the past 50yrs. They have enacted laws at state level and federal, to basically make this a 2 dominate party system. Getting a candidate on all states ballots, for POTUS is a difficult and expensive process, if you are not Rep or Dem, or some of the minor parties (to be honest never looked to see which parties have qualified for POTUS election in every state, by default without petition or extra work)

There has been a huge power struggle in the Michigan RC they had separate caucuses it was such a mess (I mean the 2 factions of the party). I think the MAGA person lost out as she had pissed off all the traditionalist which was fine, but then stopped taking their money, and fractures started.

I hold out hope some from the left, some from the right, will just form a central party, do what is needed, and have the money to make it happen, and drop a big fat one in between the 2.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: RNC hiring - Do you believe the 2020 election was stolen? [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
slowguy wrote:

But they don't need to now that Trump has taken control of the top of the RNC, it is now the MAGA party, the Republican party is dead. I don't know what the Congressional election results will look like, but they better get their PAC money, cause they wont be seeing any from the RNC.

But Ohio just showed, MAGA republicans can beat out more middle of the road ones. So much interesting shit gonna happen this election, Polysci majors wet dream.

Just Triing
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
slowguy wrote:

Why would they need to split off? They are the Republican party now. They have all the power and win all the elections.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

That would be a very small party.
Quote Reply
Re: RNC hiring - Do you believe the 2020 election was stolen? [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

That would be a very small party.

What would be left of the Republican Party if they hadn't wooed the traditional Southern Democrats and their like minded cousins?
Quote Reply
Re: RNC hiring - Do you believe the 2020 election was stolen? [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
We are starting to see the ramifications of what we have allowed the Rep and Dem to do to our election process over the past 50yrs. They have enacted laws at state level and federal, to basically make this a 2 dominate party system.
The US has always been a 2-party system. It's not a consequence of modern primaries, it's a consequence of using winner-take-all elections on geographically-determined voting blocks, especially when there aren't any mechanisms like ranked choice to allow voters to safely toy with alternatives. In such a system, any party that isn't in a dominant position gets nothing, so it creates an extremely strong incentive for them to form alliances.

Even in the first century of our republic, when parties nominally turned over on occasion, elections nearly always had two well-defined dominant sides.
Quote Reply
Re: RNC hiring - Do you believe the 2020 election was stolen? [HTupolev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HTupolev wrote:
DavHamm wrote:
We are starting to see the ramifications of what we have allowed the Rep and Dem to do to our election process over the past 50yrs. They have enacted laws at state level and federal, to basically make this a 2 dominate party system.

The US has always been a 2-party system. It's not a consequence of modern primaries, it's a consequence of using winner-take-all elections on geographically-determined voting blocks, especially when there aren't any mechanisms like ranked choice to allow voters to safely toy with alternatives. In such a system, any party that isn't in a dominant position gets nothing, so it creates an extremely strong incentive for them to form alliances.

Even in the first century of our republic, when parties nominally turned over on occasion, elections nearly always had two well-defined dominant sides.
that is not exactly true there are lots of examples of multiparty systems where though the two dominant parties most often win they can be made to form alliances like in Canada at the moment the party in power had the most votes but not a majority, thus had to form an alliance. We have also seen in smaller Canadian elections where the third party does win a majority government... it happens, there is nothing to say a multi party system can't work, though first past the post elections still in place even though a lot of people want representative voting. That can lead to never having a major it government as seen in many countries with that voting system and a large number of parties.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Didnt a lot of republicans complain in 2016 about how much power the establishment had over the DNC? I dont see how this is any better. It seems like the RNC is now just a trump operation.

Its also incredibly crazy that people are being put in jail for pushing the big lie that 2020 was stolen, including Jeffery Clark today, and believing that lie is a requirement for the RNC. Also, clark today said that while he was a senior DOJ official his pushing the big lie was for his client - donald trump. This is disastrous for Trump (and clark) because Trumps only argument has been that he pushed the big lie for election integrity as president - not a candidate.
Last edited by: sosayusall: Mar 27, 24 11:53
Quote Reply
Re: RNC hiring - Do you believe the 2020 election was stolen? [HTupolev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HTupolev wrote:
DavHamm wrote:

We are not now nor ever been a 2 party system.

Election laws, put in place by the states, have made any other new entries near impossible.

Just Triing
Last edited by: DavHamm: Mar 27, 24 12:10
Quote Reply
Re: RNC hiring - Do you believe the 2020 election was stolen? [sosayusall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sosayusall wrote:

Its also incredibly crazy that people are NOT being put in jail for pushing the big lie that 2020 was stolen....

Fixed it for you.
Quote Reply
Re: RNC hiring - Do you believe the 2020 election was stolen? [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:

Election laws, put in place by the states, have made any other new entries near impossible.

If your claim is that the machinery that enforces the 2-party situation is implemented largely at the state level, I don't disagree. But that's also kind of obvious, since election administration is largely delegated to the states.

I maintain my position that this doesn't have much to do with anything in the past 50 years, and I don't see how your chart objects to that position. It very clearly delineates how quickly powerful third parties have always gotten reabsorbed into whichever of the two sides they spun off of.

Ironically, the most enduring strong third party shown on that entire chart is arguably Ross Perot, in relatively recent history. He still borderline existed a cycle later!
Last edited by: HTupolev: Mar 27, 24 12:36
Quote Reply
Re: RNC hiring - Do you believe the 2020 election was stolen? [Rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this seems dangerous for the rnc. partly of course because they're going to be filling possibly important roles with crazy people.

more subtly (but more importantly), because, as i understand it, a big part of republican success for some years now has been winning down-ballot races, and filling lower courts, etc. pulling all their cash and energy from those races could end up really costing them in the long term.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
HTupolev wrote:
DavHamm wrote:

As has been explained before, a 2 party system doesn’t imply there re only 2 parties. It just means that 2 parties dominate the system. We absolutely have a 2 party system.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:

I keep saying this. The traditional Republicans and the liberal wing of the Democratic party need to talk and agree to form two new parties on the same day. Conservative party and Liberal party. We all know why neither want to split from their party. They'd never win an election. But if there were 4 major parties instead of two?
Quote Reply