Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Running shoes for left feet only
Quote | Reply
I ordered a pair of running shoes on Amazon. They arrived a couple of months ago. Today I went to put them on for the first time, and they are both right shoes…that is, there is no left shoe. Since it has been over 30 days (my fault I suppose for not noticing until now) they will not accept a return. So…anybody know if there is a store (virtual or brick is fine) that will sell two left shoes only? They are your basic $100 pair of shoes and nothing special/fancy/custom. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Running shoes for left feet only [501chorusecho] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a store in AL, can't remember the name that does odd sizes. For instance if you need a 10 on the L but an 11.5 on the right. While most people aren't that extreme, it's more common than you'd guess.

You might try finding that store and see if they have some L shoes in stock that you can order.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Buy another pair on Amazon.

Return the two right shoes as that order.
Quote Reply
Re: Running shoes for left feet only [In reply to all] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well I’m not going to go so far as retail fraud. Web research did turn up some communities that are into trading/selling just one shoe from a pair…if you can find a match.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You purchased the shoes from Amazon.

You would be returning the shoes to Amazon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unbelievably I was listening to a podcast on this lastnight.

National Odd Shoe Exchange
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Two left feet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRl59kBKM30

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Re: Running shoes for left feet only [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:

Yeah beyond the policy, AND not what you received in the second order for which the return is valid.

Stick to recommending idiotic crank lengths and going off topic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to work with a guy that was an amputee.
He discussed once a company that way back in the day was catalog mail-order, probably internet now that sold single shoes for amputees like himself.
Maybe find one of those?
Sorry, I don't know what it was called.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
faster on an athletic track with only left turns
Quote Reply
Re: Running shoes for left feet only [Lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Running shoes for left feet only [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
jimatbeyond wrote:

Yeah beyond the policy, AND not what you received in the second order for which the return is valid.

Politely disagree. Amazon sent him a defective product; the initial fault lies with them.

Another option is selling the individual shoes on eBay. There are folks who may have lost/damaged one shoe, or due to medical reasons may only need one. Won't get much for them though (not a very big buyer base).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
501chorusecho wrote:
I ordered a pair of running shoes on Amazon. They arrived a couple of months ago. Today I went to put them on for the first time, and they are both right shoes…that is, there is no left shoe. Since it has been over 30 days (my fault I suppose for not noticing until now) they will not accept a return. So…anybody know if there is a store (virtual or brick is fine) that will sell two left shoes only? They are your basic $100 pair of shoes and nothing special/fancy/custom. Thanks!

Will they not take them back since they sent you the wrong product? I get that it's past the return window, but this is not a regular return...they sent you the wrong shoes. I've worked in multiple retail spaces with shoes (including shipping out online orders), and it's pretty standard to check before ringing up shoes, or shipping them out: Check that there is one right and one left, and that they're both the correct size (on the actual shoe, not just the box). They're the ones who messed up, not you.

Seems like they would be willing to take them back, especially since they've now got a mirror-pair of two left shoes sitting around somewhere. If they still won't work it out with you after hearing about the situation, I'd go with the "buy another pair -- return two right shoes" option above.
Quote Reply
Re: Running shoes for left feet only [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
Politely disagree. Amazon sent him a defective product; the initial fault lies with them.

If they do it out of goodwill or theres a special return policy for mis-shipments, great. OP should definitely ask.

If you place a new order, and then return the old order by pretending it's the new one, that is retail fraud.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
501chorusecho wrote:
Well I’m not going to go so far as retail fraud.

I feel -- in the most positive and admiring way -- like there's a bit of Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory moment here: so shines a good deed in the weary Slowtwitch cynical me-first world. Good on you. If you're feeling creative and Wonka-like, I suggest this:

Call/email the warehouse and let them know there is an extra R shoe out there in desperate need of being accounted for. There is a column desperately in need of reconciling!!

Will the email reach the 1-in-1000 shipping/logistics clerk who will take to the challenge? Probably not. But just think of the heroics that could ensue. I used to work at a large-ish bookstore, and our receiver -- who was in charge of inventory -- just loved weird sh*t ike this to break up the tedium.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My experience with Amazon is that if you manage to talk/chat with a human (not a form or a robot - although it's getting more difficult to tell the difference) and you buy a good amount on Amazon and politely insist, they can be quite accommodating.

Since this is a defective product and not simply a change of mind, I would be very surprised if they didn't accept it.

Even if the seller is a third party seller you could still bring it up with customer support.
Quote Reply
Re: Running shoes for left feet only [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe I didn’t say in op, but I did contact Amazon customer service before asking here. Amazon customer service would not accept a return. Basically what had happened was I bought these shoes several months ago even though I did not need them straight away, and so I put them on the shelf for later (later is now…or yesterday actually) without inspecting both shoes closely.
Quote Reply
Re: Running shoes for left feet only [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
BigBoyND wrote:
jimatbeyond wrote:

Another option is selling the individual shoes on eBay. There are folks who may have lost/damaged one shoe, or due to medical reasons may only need one. Won't get much for them though (not a very big buyer base).
Fuck Amazon. They know they are hosting storefronts that scam their users. I say order another pair, return it immediately but return the two right shoes from the first order.

I was shopping for gopher repellant the other day. Found a listing with hundreds of 5 star reviews. It had the following choices: ultrasonic repellent battery, ultrasonic repellent solar, poison bait, repellant granules, a gucci bag, jesus on a cross, budda porcelain figure. The reviews said: "this shirt fits me well!" "My kids love the book". "Fit my Honda Civic perfectly". Found another listing of a solar powered ultrasonic repellant. 3000 five star reviews. Read the reviews: "I'm so happy to learn more about the life of Ruth Bader Ginsburg".

Amazon is just one giant scam.
Quote Reply