Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tri Socks
Quote | Reply
Just getting back into the sport after a 10+ year absence. Looking for recommendations on socks. I am still clinging to the remnants of the Gizmo "no show" Cool Max socks I had eight years ago.

Something really easy to get on while my feet are still a bit wet from the swim.

Is there anything like that out there anymore?

It's a dry heat!
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Socks [mohole15] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Welcome back :) Honestly.. I would go into your local running store and just ask them if you can try some on... socks are SO subjective. Although I have really liked Bombas

E-DUB
Chief Janitor @Slowtwitch
Life is short. Dont be mad all the time.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Swiftwick Aspire lineup are solid.
Roll them up and powder them with some talcum powder and they go on fairly easy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As mentioned, socks are highly individual. That being said, I'm a big fan of the SwiftWick Aspire2 (that's the 2" cuff, you can get no-shows and taller cuffs as well). They do a good job of preventing blisters (very minimal seam), wear well, easy on, and don't get waterlogged during races.

https://swiftwick.com/collections/aspire

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Last edited by: Titanflexr: Mar 27, 24 20:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will third SwiftWick. They slide on easy and allow good airflow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll agree with the posters above that the Swiftwick socks are great. They're tight (which I love), but that makes them more challenging to put on quickly. I did wear them for the Ironman I did, but I was taking my time in transition, and wasn't stressing about the extra few seconds to get them situated. For shorter races, I usually just go barefoot. But I've done a couple where I did want to wear socks, and I wore my Balega no-shows. They go on fast and are awesome socks.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Socks [ntl_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also use the Swiftwick Aspire
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Socks [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another vote for Swiftwick. I use either the Aspire Two or Four.

IG: NCGregory8778
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Socks [Savage8778] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Swiftwick all the way. I use them in all my rides Including training rides. Sometimes you can get the bundle 6 pack on Amazon for less than $60.

2019 Felt IA3
2022 Giant TCR Pro
Find me on strava
https://strava.app.link/HoaJ6fq5AHb
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Socks [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly the sock I use. 2" cuff. The longer ones take more to cram the feet in and even if you fold them over. 2" is just enough so the shoes won't rub on the ankles & gives you something to grab onto in transition. Also, great fit/not overly tight so they won't develop blisters like Features or other compression socks. The other thing, is 2" will keep you from having goofy tan lines if your worried about that. There are several color options as well for Swiftwick Aspire 2"...white, black & blue I think. Get the black though they always look new!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steigen and thinner Falke socks are great racing socks. They are mostly nylon and stretchier than others I have tried making them easy to put on when feet are wet. Steigen are my favorite.

For me Swiftwick socks are too rough and compressive especially after they have been washed a few times.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DeFeet Aireator are the best there is!

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
De Soto Run Cycle Socks

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve used the Balega Hidden Dry for years. The tab on the back prevents achilles rub. I’m an extremely heavy sweater and these hold less moisture than any sock I’ve tried.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Socks [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
david wrote:
DeFeet Aireator are the best there is!

I find the toe seam to be problematic for me on longer rides and runs. YMMV. They do wear like iron though. I have a pair from 2002 that I literally wear every week. They are a bit faded, but still fully functional over 1,000 washes/wearings later (actually wore them Zwifting yesterday). You just can't kill them.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply