Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Strands - new new york times game, just launched [NormM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Strands #59
β€œA token of our appreciation”
πŸ”΅πŸ”΅πŸ”΅πŸŸ‘
πŸ”΅πŸ”΅πŸ”΅

Saw iron first, which made it easy. Though I don't remember a penguin piece, that was my last find.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Strands - new new york times game, just launched [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clean run as well.

Although not getting what the β€œappreciation” reference in the theme had to do with monopoly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Strands #59
β€œA token of our appreciation”
πŸ”΅πŸ”΅πŸ”΅πŸ”΅
πŸŸ‘πŸ”΅πŸ”΅

I wasn't sure about what the theme was. I was thinking "a symbol of" like a medal. I found the word arrow ( hint cache ) then iron but it still didn't click. Saw the word car which is to short for a hint word then race which connected to it, then it clicked. Turned out arrow was part of wheelbarrow. I don't remember a penguin either.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not an original piece. They added a few new ones about 10 years ago. T-Rex was a new piece as well. Glad they didn't do that when I was a kid - would never get to play the game with the fights that would ensue over picking the pieces.
Quote Reply
Re: Strands - new new york times game, just launched [BlueDevilTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Strands #60
β€œWhat's my line?”
πŸ’‘πŸ”΅πŸ’‘πŸ”΅
πŸ”΅πŸŸ‘πŸ”΅πŸ”΅
πŸ”΅

Too focused on something related to acting. Once I used the second guess it was like a refreshing slap in the face of obviousness.

-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I seem to always start in the upper left corner, like reading a book. So I found clown right away. Then I figured out the rest pretty quickly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Strands #60
β€œWhat's my line?”
πŸ’‘πŸ”΅πŸ”΅πŸ”΅
πŸŸ‘πŸ”΅πŸ”΅πŸ”΅

It was a tough one for me today. I was thinking along the lines of profession/job. I found clown, tramp they went into clues then train. I finally took the clue and got Zebra. Then I knew. I got tiger and chipmunk and the spanagram pretty quickly then got stuck again. I tried fish and then sun fish..... duh, I should have known since I already found clown. It took me some time with the remaining letters but once I found skunk, bumblebee was all that was left.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Strands #60
β€œWhat's my line?”
πŸ’‘πŸ”΅πŸ’‘πŸ”΅
πŸ”΅πŸ”΅πŸ”΅πŸŸ‘
πŸ”΅

Even after zebra I couldn't find anything else. Started with acting/plays, went to roads, drawing, etc. 3 different spanograms didn't help ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Strands - new new york times game, just launched [scorpio516] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's funny how our minds work, in retrospect, how many words start in Z. It didn't occur to me but when I got it as a clue then I knew it was about stripped animals/maybe things. But still, chipmunks, bumblebees, and clownfish not something that would spark that connection with strips.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Strands #61
β€œA shade envious?”
πŸŸ‘πŸ”΅πŸ”΅πŸ”΅
πŸ”΅πŸ”΅πŸ”΅

Spanagram first
Quote Reply
Re: Strands - new new york times game, just launched [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Strands #61
β€œA shade envious?”
πŸ’‘πŸ”΅πŸ”΅πŸ”΅
πŸ”΅πŸŸ‘πŸ”΅πŸ”΅
Quote Reply
Re: Strands - new new york times game, just launched [scorpio516] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Strands #61
β€œA shade envious?”
πŸ”΅πŸ”΅πŸŸ‘πŸ”΅
πŸ”΅πŸ”΅πŸ”΅
Quote Reply
Re: Strands - new new york times game, just launched [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Strands #61
β€œA shade envious?”
πŸ”΅πŸ”΅πŸŸ‘πŸ”΅
πŸ”΅πŸ”΅πŸ”΅

That thru me. I found green,love,evil and the first four letters of jealous. My hint cache was full and I was on the cusp of taking it when I found forest. It was slow but I found the rest. For the love of Pete who associates green with artichokes.πŸ˜…
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Strands #62
β€œThe horror”
πŸ’‘πŸ”΅πŸ’‘πŸ”΅
πŸ’‘πŸ”΅πŸ’‘πŸ”΅
πŸŸ‘πŸ”΅

Son of a ........I knew the answers were movies but just couldn't find them. I should only play this game after my second cup of Joe.

-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Strands #62
β€œThe horror”
πŸ”΅πŸ”΅πŸŸ‘πŸ”΅
πŸ”΅πŸ”΅

This was probably the quickest I've completed one of these. I was on for the theme and within 10 seconds saw scream in the upper left and psycho in the lower. I saw the word love and banked it then movie and traced it back to scary for the spanagram. Hostel was the word that was left surrounded by those three. I spotted polt in the upper right and knew it was the start of poltergeist then Halloween was left.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Strands #62
β€œThe horror”
πŸ”΅πŸ”΅πŸŸ‘πŸ”΅
πŸ”΅πŸ”΅

Psycho and Halloween made it clear to know what to look for
Quote Reply
Re: Strands - new new york times game, just launched [40-Tude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not my genre, but they were well known titles. All of them except Hostel.
Quote Reply

Prev Next