Login required to post replies

New Rudy TT helmet
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: New Rudy TT helmet [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This looks to be a new helmet as well.
https://www.gettyimages.dk/...ews-photo/2058090682

The rumors I've heard on the Rudy is it's supposedly an Aerohead killer.

I like how they are trying to mate it, or so it appears, to the shoulder width

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: New Rudy TT helmet [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The giro aero head has been replaced by the dick head
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Rudy Project Darth Vader edition. So ugly, man!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have read in these forums that closing the gap around your neck does not matter (never really bought it) now we are seeing all these good awful new helmets the seem fairing the head with a smooth transition to the back and the shoulders.
Quote Reply
Re: New Rudy TT helmet [Engner66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Engner66 wrote:
I have read in these forums that closing the gap around your neck does not matter (never really bought it) now we are seeing all these good awful new helmets the seem fairing the head with a smooth transition to the back and the shoulders.

I never read it as "not mattering". I read it as not being the "end all be all" factor in what is fastest
Quote Reply
Re: New Rudy TT helmet [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
This looks to be a new helmet as well.
https://www.gettyimages.dk/...ews-photo/2058090682

The rumors I've heard on the Rudy is it's supposedly an Aerohead killer.

I like how they are trying to mate it, or so it appears, to the shoulder width

Been around for about a year at this point. Sweet Protection out of Norway. Tested one, didn't do it for my guy, but we're were testing at extremely high speeds.

Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Need to watch the coverage again. I've not seen a side on shot. Will be interesting. The last one they did was basically the first helmet that has been decent. Maybe because they used CFD instead of a drawing on a napkin.

Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: New Rudy TT helmet [Ex-cyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ex-cyclist wrote:
Been around for about a year at this point. Sweet Protection out of Norway. Tested one, didn't do it for my guy, but we're were testing at extremely high speeds.

Was keen to try and get one of these for testing, but saw another test where it wasn't the fastest and decided it wasn't worth the hassle. The other thing about these types of helmets, at least for the POC, is that your head position has to be pretty on point for them to work I believe. Might be difficult for even the best positioned triathletes, especially at long course.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
The giro aero head has been replaced by the dick head

Post of the year so far, at least for me.
Quote Reply
Re: New Rudy TT helmet [Ex-cyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

this helmet is not getting it's fair share of time in the spot light

Last edited by: marcag: Mar 6, 24 14:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sgt Shultz called, he wants his helmet back!
Quote Reply
Re: New Rudy TT helmet [rrutis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rrutis wrote:

Ah man. If only the youngsters knew what they had missed. I see nothing, i hear nothing, I know nothing....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rrutis wrote:

What a banner idea.
Quote Reply
Re: New Rudy TT helmet [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericlambi wrote:
Ex-cyclist wrote:

Was keen to try and get one of these for testing, but saw another test where it wasn't the fastest and decided it wasn't worth the hassle. The other thing about these types of helmets, at least for the POC, is that your head position has to be pretty on point for them to work I believe. Might be difficult for even the best positioned triathletes, especially at long course.

As I understand it, Rudy Project will not be marketing the new helmet for triathlon. Doesn't mean triathletes won't use it, but you're correct, most of these helmets wouldn't really work for the Tri crowd. The Tempor is the perfect example of this. You can go into the tunnel, hold your head perfectly, and get a great result only to be completely fooled. That helmet is a complete dog unless positioned correctly.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: New Rudy TT helmet [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good to know. I haven't invested in a true aero helmet just yet as I've favored road aero helmets for ventilation but was looking at the Wing and was wondering if they were going to retire it with this new helmet coming. I understand the wing works on most people and is more forgiving re: head position.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
rrutis wrote:

Ah man. If only the youngsters knew what they had missed. I see nothing, i hear nothing, I know nothing....

Aside from the Giro dickhead branding, the Sgt Schultz helmet labeling is in the running for helmet branding Oscars around here. Well done boys!!!
Quote Reply
Re: New Rudy TT helmet [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For those who never saw the Sgt Schultz kit:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How long until the UCI sets some sort of size limit on helmets? I give it 8 months.

Dr. Alex Harrison | Founder & CEO | Sport Physiology & Performance PhD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
📱 Check out our app → Saturday: Pro Fuel & Hydration, a performance nutrition coach in your pocket.
Join us on YouTube → Saturday Morning | Ride & Run Faster and our growing Saturday User Hub
Quote Reply
Re: New Rudy TT helmet [DrAlexHarrison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DrAlexHarrison wrote:
How long until the UCI sets some sort of size limit on helmets? I give it 8 months.

They already have dimension limits... https://assets.ctfassets.net/...-_20240401_-_ENG.pdf p74

Though it then says this, "Compliance with the dimensional restrictions is not compulsory for helmets that on 1
January 2023, are:

• already manufactured
• on the market
• already at the production stage"

Was the new Giro at production stage Jan 2023? No idea..... And I also don't know if it falls foul of those dimension limits anyway....
Last edited by: Fastasasloth: Mar 8, 24 2:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:

Why camo? It's not like they can hide or anything?

Of course, I remember when camo was part of the Punk Rock Style, and hadn't yet been co-opted by paramilitary Fascist cosplayers

I spent a LOT of time shopping in I. Goldberg Army & Navy on Chestnut Street

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: New Rudy TT helmet [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
marcag wrote:

Why camo? It's not like they can hide or anything?

Of course, I remember when camo was part of the Punk Rock Style, and hadn't yet been co-opted by paramilitary Fascist cosplayers

I spent a LOT of time shopping in I. Goldberg Army & Navy on Chestnut Street

I remember when camo was the style of prey animals trying to hide from predators, and hadn't yet been co-opted by Punk Rock bottomfeeder cosplayers.
Quote Reply
Re: New Rudy TT helmet [mathematics] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, there's that, too

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rrutis wrote:

I think POC was in on that call as well.
Quote Reply
Re: New Rudy TT helmet [Fastasasloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fastasasloth wrote:
DrAlexHarrison wrote:

They already have dimension limits... https://assets.ctfassets.net/...-_20240401_-_ENG.pdf p74

Though it then says this, "Compliance with the dimensional restrictions is not compulsory for helmets that on 1
January 2023, are:

• already manufactured
• on the market
• already at the production stage"

Was the new Giro at production stage Jan 2023? No idea..... And I also don't know if it falls foul of those dimension limits anyway....

Pretty sure Giro is a new sponsor with Jumbo (eta they say it was developed in conjunction with Jumbo) so probably not production stage at that point. Maybe they have been on it since summer? Maybe?

It's going to be interesting to see what happens moving forward for sure.

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Last edited by: dfru: Mar 8, 24 7:54
Quote Reply