Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Legal PED rant
Quote | Reply
Various performance supplements are being openly advertised nowadays, eg by podcasts and some athletes, aimed at age-groupers.

There's nothing wrong with advocating for some magnesium or powdered greens to keep you at full health, but then we had THC creams, ketones, and now 'plasma-boosting tree bark extract' and a low-paperwork online pharmacy?

How can anyone want to be publicly associated with things like this? Doping is only defined by a list of tested substances, and that list means very little if there's no testing of age groupers. What's different here?
Last edited by: emceemanners: Feb 29, 24 9:52
Quote Reply
Re: Legal PED rant [emceemanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most of these are placebo products only having .00000001% of the ingredient used with the stated effects in studies
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PEDs are performance enhancing drugs.

These products are neither performance enhancing nor drugs.

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
emceemanners wrote:
Various performance supplements are being openly advertised nowadays, eg by podcasts and some athletes, aimed at age-groupers.

There's nothing wrong with advocating for some magnesium or powdered greens to keep you at full health, but then we had THC creams, ketones, and now 'plasma-boosting tree bark extract' and a low-paperwork online pharmacy?

How can anyone want to be publicly associated with things like this? Doping is only defined by a list of tested substances, and that list means very little if there's no testing of age groupers. What's different here?

Tree bark? This is the first time I hear about this, so I had to google this thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Legal PED rant [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Norway’s secret to winning for the curious

https://plasmaide.co.uk/

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just watched KB's latest video, which was in-part an unscientific advert for pinus pinaster. (The whole video was pretty unscientific, though I guess you can't expect them to give away too much data. However, revealing a financial interest in the product you're touting might be nice.)

That said, it looks like the active ingredient (extract from the bark of a French pine species) has some research to back it, going back several decades. For example: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/...articles/PMC3203267/. I'd be open to trying it. For me, the distinction between an illegal performance enhancing drug and a legal performance enhancing substance should be based on safety, availability to all athletes (and this includes being available at a reasonable price), and research to support efficacy and negligible health risks.
Quote Reply
Re: Legal PED rant [jessec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll just go with the caterpillar fungus Coach Ma's runners used, or just wait for cancer to transform my body to TdF winning potential.
Quote Reply