Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

high viz TT skinsuit?
Quote | Reply

i'm looking for a new long sleeve TT skinsuit, and all the fastest one's that i've read about seem to be only available in black.

does anyone happen to know of manufacturer who makes a good one with some high-viz on it? arms/bit on the legs, whatever.

we do a lot of tts on open and poorly controlled roads out here, and i like to be as visible as possible.
Quote Reply
Re: high viz TT skinsuit? [buzz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
make your own one

https://epixgear.com/

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a joe not a pro but have never been turned down being allowed to use my Garmin varia.

A forward blinker and rear Varia will be better than any hi viz because depending on time of day and background colors in the environment the ideal hi viz color changes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The contrast of a high vis number on your arse is pretty visible from the rear.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rule28 has a suit in fluro
Endura D2Z has a Hi-Viz Yellow
Quote Reply
Re: high viz TT skinsuit? [mhepp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I customized my Jakroo skinsuit in bright yellow, there is no missing me. Good skinsuit too, maybe not top of the line but not far off.

My Strava | My Instagram | Summerville, SC | 35-39 AG | 4:41 (70.3), 10:05 (140.6) | 3x70.3, 1x140.6 | Cat 2 Cyclist
Quote Reply
Re: high viz TT skinsuit? [m@tty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

thanks for all the suggestions! i wish we had high-viz numbers haha.

it looks like nopinz can make one. a lot of the other suggestions don't have stock, or no longer make a high-viz.

the endura looks cool but is not uci legal i don't think.
Quote Reply
Re: high viz TT skinsuit? [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
I'm a joe not a pro but have never been turned down being allowed to use my Garmin varia.

A forward blinker and rear Varia will be better than any hi viz because depending on time of day and background colors in the environment the ideal hi viz color changes.

^^^^^

Hi viz, if it makes sense at all, mostly makes sense if you're sitting fairly upright. During a race, the two most common angles of approach for a car relative to the rider would be from the front or rear, with the an approach from the rear being dominant. Take a look at almost any photo of a rider in an aero position taken from the direct rear and all you can see is the bike and the butt. There would be very little of the top portion of the suit visible, and thus a hi viz top to the suit would not be particularly helpful. From the front, you'd see the shoulders (a small area) and the helmet. A hi viz helmet makes a little more impact, but the greatest bang for the buck would be flashing lights.
Quote Reply
Re: high viz TT skinsuit? [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

can you use the varia on its own? i often ride without a computer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
buzz wrote:

can you use the varia on its own? i often ride without a computer.

Absolutely
Quote Reply