Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Healthcare Spending Account
Quote | Reply
For some reason I can't find a current thread on this, although I felt like I found one a few weeks ago.

In any case, I somehow managed to oversave this year. I have about $250 set to expire on the 15th.

Looking for two things:

1) Any cycling related items that I might consider?
2) Best place to purchase? I saw that Best Buy and Amazon have dedicated sites for these items, as well as places like fsastore.com
Quote Reply
Re: Healthcare Spending Account [greenlawnracing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
An HSA is different than an FSA. There are contribution limits to both, but only the FSA requires the yearly spenddown. Check your plans details to see what the "oversaving" is referencing as it has different implications.
Quote Reply
Re: Healthcare Spending Account [AndrewL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny you say that, it used to be referenced as an FSA and is now called "Health Care Spending Account" (HCSA)

I did get an email today with the subject line "FSA" reminding me of upcoming deadlines for both this and Dependent Day Care Spending Accounts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like an FSA… spend it or lose it. Bandaids and children’s Tylenol for the win.
Quote Reply
Re: Healthcare Spending Account [AndrewL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Two things I've used FSA funds for:
1) First aid kits, for the house, the car, traveling, ...
2) Sunglasses, for prescription lenses or if you use reading glasses. The only glasses I wear are reading glasses, and you can get some great, off the shelf sunglasses that are setup as bi-focals for reading. The Maui Jim website has plenty of examples. A lot of their models can have a "reading insert" included.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought normatec boots with mine (HSA)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Buy 2 of the most expensive thermometers your local Walmart sells.
File for reimbursement through the FSA asap.
Return the thermometers once reimbursed.
Spend $250 on some good shit that you actually need.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply