Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Will 11sp Zipp Wheels Fit onto my 10s Cervelo P2?
Quote | Reply
Hi, I feel like an idiot for my confusion, still new to the sport. I have a 2012 Cervelo P2 and looking at some Zipps for sale locally.

The owner messaged me and confirmed they come with a 11s cassette and haven't been used since 2016, so I assume they were made slightly before 2016.

I am wondering if these wheels will fit my 2012 P2? I realize I would have to upgrade to 11s group set and I would probably lean towards Di2 if possible.
Or would it be possible to use these wheels with my 10s cassette + a spacer?

Thanks in advance.

Zipp Firecrest aero clincher wheelset - bicycle parts - by owner - bike sale - craigslist
Last edited by: LegendJeff: Feb 22, 24 6:23
Quote Reply
Re: Will 11sp Zipp Wheels Fit onto my 10s Cervelo P2? [LegendJeff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you can just use a 10 speed cassette and a spacer or you could even use the 11 speed cassette and bock out either the lowest or the highest gear , this is not the best solution but it works.
Last edited by: pk: Feb 22, 24 6:10
Quote Reply
Re: Will 11sp Zipp Wheels Fit onto my 10s Cervelo P2? [LegendJeff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another option is to buy the wheels, exchange the 11 speed cassette with a 10 speed cassette (easy to replace in 5 minutes, just do a Youtube video for cassette replacement or a bike store will charge you $20) and you're golden. I have a 2013 Cervelo P3 and continue to maintain it "as is". In My Humble Opinion, I would not do a Di2 upgrade because the cost of the upgrade will be more than the value of the bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Will 11sp Zipp Wheels Fit onto my 10s Cervelo P2? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
11sp wheels are compatible with 10sp cassettes you just need a spacer. 11sp compatible wheels typically come with a spacer for 10sp cassettes. That's in addition to the spacer that comes with shimano cassettes. If you are running shimano 10sp you'll have two spacers. SRAM one spacer the one that shipped with the wheel.

You can't run an 11sp cassette. The indexing is different.
Quote Reply