Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Options to maximize TT stack for a tall rider
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

Hoping there are some tall riders out there that can help me figure out some taller stack options for my TT cockpit. Riding an XL Speedmax CF 8 Disc eTap with stock cockpit components so far. I've added extra spacers and now have 2 x 20mm and 2 x 10mm for a total of 60mm spacers. This maxes out the longest M6 bolts that Profile Design carried at 90mm. The cockpit is a Canyon HB0053 basebar with an Aeria Ultimate Race Bracket and 35A aerobars. Pretty basic setup.

I could use some more height to bring the aerobars up a bit and level out my back. I'm 6'7" (201cm), fairly evenly proportioned and could use my torso being raised a little more. I'm racing at the very pointy end of 70.3s and am starting to look for the marginal gains too.

So now to the options - I'd like to upgrade the aerobars to begin with, something like the FastTT aerobars. I'm wondering if a wholesale cockpit change would be worth it (like the TriRig Alpha One with the extra long monopost), or can I get the job done with enough risers and mega long bolts to hold the thing together? My problem with the risers and bolts is they're genuinely getting heavy and clunky the more risers that are put in. The bolts alone weigh a ton extra. Plus the adjustability is a pain.

Is there a good riser option out there? I'd like to change the aerobars if the price is right. The TriRig Alpha One with the extra long monopost looks like it would really fit the bill, but that's a huuuge cost to getting the cockpit plus new aerobars (~$2500 CAD). If that's the best option I'd consider it but I'm hoping for a more cost-effective solution.

In addition to all this - I'd like to clean up the messy cabled cockpit of the Speedmax so if there's an option that also ticks that box that would be great.

This is the current setup (with 40mm more spacers than what's shown here):

Thanks all!

Jesse
Quote Reply
Re: Options to maximize TT stack for a tall rider [jkirkby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How much additional stack do you need?

Also, looks like Profile Design makes a 70mm riser kit. Might be the most economical solution if you only need 10mm.
https://profile-design.com/...ariant=1808698179610
Quote Reply
Re: Options to maximize TT stack for a tall rider [jkirkby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Profile Design sells the spacers separately, as you know. If you can't find the bolts you need at a local hardware store, you can find them on Amazon.

An alternative would be to 3D print some spacers to fit between the pads and the supports.
Quote Reply