Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

120 long-distance triathlons in 120 days
Quote | Reply
Surprised I haven't seen it here yet: https://www.challenge-roth.com/...ons-in-120-days.html

Jonas Deichmann attempts to do 120 Challenge Roth's in 120 consecutive days - with the actual event right in the middle.

What are his chances to finish?
Quote Reply
Re: 120 long-distance triathlons in 120 days [noehry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just think, does this person not have anything better to do with their life?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well probably because it hasn't started as of yet, or somewhere in the middle where we can start to get excited about it. I did hear of it awhile back, but thanks for the story as to when it starts and courses.

As with all of these iron cowboy type events, I will be interested in how he plans to race each day, and what paces he will be able to hold. If it is just another swim behind others, draft in a pack and do 15+ hour days, then count me as uninspired. Rait set the bar a couple years ago, that to me is the real record in this genre, not how little one can sleep and keep walking...
Quote Reply
Re: 120 long-distance triathlons in 120 days [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Well probably because it hasn't started as of yet, or somewhere in the middle where we can start to get excited about it. I did hear of it awhile back, but thanks for the story as to when it starts and courses.

As with all of these iron cowboy type events, I will be interested in how he plans to race each day, and what paces he will be able to hold. If it is just another swim behind others, draft in a pack and do 15+ hour days, then count me as uninspired. Rait set the bar a couple years ago, that to me is the real record in this genre, not how little one can sleep and keep walking...

The guy has a serious track record so I would be surprised if he does not finish it .
He is a good cyclist and I would think should ride faster than raid but overall I guess he will likely be slower.
I believe he is doing Roth course 120 time I would assume he will swim in the pool or the lake as the canal is off limits.
Last edited by: pk: Feb 22, 24 5:22
Quote Reply
Re: 120 long-distance triathlons in 120 days [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
I just think, does this person not have anything better to do with their life?

This is how the guy makes a living
It's his job and I believe he makes a good living from it
Quote Reply
Re: 120 long-distance triathlons in 120 days [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He‘ll swim in lake Roth, which is fairly close to the canal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that would be a chance for doing the roth event for free, on a semi controlled course
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
noehry wrote:
Surprised I haven't seen it here yet: https://www.challenge-roth.com/...ons-in-120-days.html

I'm surprised, too. We love repetitive stuff!

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply