Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Anyone using Saris H3+ with AXS? [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not necessarily that easy. 11sp bodies always has the top bearing inside the body whereas XDR bodies mostly does not. Height/length differences of bodies can be very hard to eyeball. To me at least is often easier to see differences on the pawl side of them.

Is my memory correct that one is 3 pawl and the other 4?

Sorry did not see the picture before replying. I can see the wahoo is definitely 4 and it seems I might be right the Saris is 3

Disclaimer: I have made a living in bike shops for more than 2 decades, so according to most people on this forum am not at all trust worthy
Last edited by: Henrik Noerskov: Feb 20, 24 11:15
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone using Saris H3+ with AXS? [Henrik Noerskov] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, 3 vs 4. Do you think that's the issue? I'm back at work so can't take a picture of a different angle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
3 vs 4 is not the actual issue but makes them 100% incompatible and a disaster waiting to happen. The reason it actually sticks is probably in difference in distance from bottom of body to bottom of the lower bearing.

I am kind of pleased to be right but at the same time sorry you need a new body. But get the original Saris XDR, remember to mount the "tophat" spacer under it, and it will be plug and play.

Disclaimer: I have made a living in bike shops for more than 2 decades, so according to most people on this forum am not at all trust worthy
Last edited by: Henrik Noerskov: Feb 20, 24 11:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you for all the help! I'm going to purchase one right now and hope that is it (and Saris gave me wrong info)!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know this for a fact but it makes sense as many of the freehubs are non interchangable so why would this one fit another brand.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One other thing to check is the top hat spacer that sits inner (I think) of the freehub body on the H3 trainer. I had one break and it caused binding of the freehub body. Saris sent me a new one at no charge.

Quote Reply
Re: Anyone using Saris H3+ with AXS? [brando] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The top hat washer hasn't broken yet, lol.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Henrik Noerskov wrote:
3 vs 4 is not the actual issue but makes them 100% incompatible and a disaster waiting to happen. The reason it actually sticks is probably in difference in distance from bottom of body to bottom of the lower bearing.

I am kind of pleased to be right but at the same time sorry you need a new body. But get the original Saris XDR, remember to mount the "tophat" spacer under it, and it will be plug and play.

You were absolutely right! I hoped going to the internet was going to get me an answer and I got nothing on Reddit, so thank you for providing my answer!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are welcome. Happy I could assist.

Quote Reply

Prev Next