Supertri?
Quote | Reply
Has this been posted before?

Quote Reply
Re: Supertri? [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MrTri123 wrote:
Has this been posted before?

Just came from YouTube myself to see if there was a discussion.

Looks like Super League is rebranding and expanding. I like Super League racing, minus the "complicated" team aspect and the short chutes, etc. I wonder if that will be brought over to the age group racing.
Quote Reply
Re: Supertri? [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For as good a job as they do with editing and voice overs and epic audio tracks, I was a little zoned out with disinterest. Is this a rebrand in the name or did they actually say they are going to have age group racing in this format? Pretty chaotic if so, but it could be fun.
Quote Reply
Re: Supertri? [Lurker4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lurker4 wrote:
For as good a job as they do with editing and voice overs and epic audio tracks, I was a little zoned out with disinterest. Is this a rebrand in the name or did they actually say they are going to have age group racing in this format? Pretty chaotic if so, but it could be fun.

That's what I understood from that promo. AG racing but they don't say in what format, but some kind of super print distance racing.

Also, at 2:00 they say "the most brutal triathlon in the world". I mean, yeah it definitely looks very hard, but come on... talk about tooting your own horn. XD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not replying to you directly, but I think they should bring back the format from Hamilton Island in 2017 (1st one I think?). In my opinion, that's been the best Super League race to date.

Having 3 days of back to back racing looked brutal, and seeing them absolutely banjaxed between stages in the micky mouse pool was hilarious!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lurker4 wrote:
did they actually say they are going to have age group racing in this format? Pretty chaotic if so, but it could be fun.

I chuckled to myself envisioning age group triathletes doing criterium style racing inside a triathlon. No one would get out alive. In any case, any age group format that makes it impossible for weak swimmers to compete is going to be DOA in my opinion. Since the video seemed to highlight the Chicago event and maybe Austin too along with Malibu, I assume they are looking at doing professional short course racing alongside some bigger already existing events, which would presumably remain standard non-drafting oly distance.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: Supertri? [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Super League did actually have age groupers race the enduro format (a continuous race of 2 supersprints) in a few locations several years back, in addition to the standard amateur racing formats. The difference was 2 SBR legs instead of 3 and no drafting on the bike. Still, I regret not doing it. I was waiting to learn how to swim properly until they gave it up.

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Last edited by: kajet: Feb 16, 24 8:42
Quote Reply
Re: Supertri? [kajet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Long Beach edition (since booted from Malibu) will feature you’re classic sprint and Olympic distances.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also so there is no confusion anymore with the European footie Super League.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So maybe the smart play is to run this pro thing alongside those large olympic distance events for awhile and then create enough of a demand for limited numbers of age group slots to race "what the pros" are doing. They won't need to have 500 people registered, just make it exclusive enough and say there are only 100 slots open sorta thing and sell out quick. Add 50 more every year as excitement and word of mouth spreads.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
A separate brand identity will set the tone for mass participation, which offers the continuity of individual event brands but with common visual identity, putting at its heart supertri’s belief that participation celebrates triathlon for all, whether first timer, relay participant or experienced age grouper. Mass participation events will be driven by the same guiding principles of delivering excellence and creating moments. These will be initially delivered across Chicago Triathlon, the biggest triathlon in North America, Legacy Long Beach Triathlon on the course of the 2028 LA Olympics and the New York City Triathlon. The company is also committed to exploring further opportunities to expand this series.

Sounds like the AG races will be completely separate and standard Olympic distance, non-draft format.

https://supertri.com/...petitor-in-everyone/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your not going to be able to put that number of people on that type of circuit from a safety prospective. The general idea isn't necessarily to get AG'ers interested in the actual format, but more the "event" overall (AG separate course all to themselves + pro "ST" event). They could continue their "CEO" challenge or VIP program to allow 20 AG'ers to "race" the format, but this isn't some idea to create AG waves of the short circruit style racing.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Last edited by: B_Doughtie: Feb 16, 24 10:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have to say, I enjoy the team dynamic and hope they keep it.

Can’t imagine they’ll do “AG Supertri” but having an AG event alongside their race sounds awesome.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: Supertri? [buzzsaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
buzzsaw wrote:
Also so there is no confusion anymore with the European footie Super League.

Were lawyers involved to force a change of name? Its what I’d suspect.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where can I watch Supertri? Hopefully it doesn’t involve a subscription, I can’t add more tv subscriptions. I also can’t find a race calendar on their website.
Quote Reply
Re: Supertri? [Island] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Island wrote:
Where can I watch Supertri? Hopefully it doesn’t involve a subscription, I can’t add more tv subscriptions. I also can’t find a race calendar on their website.
They have not published a schedule - but assume it's September/October. In Europe/UK it's been on Eurosport (sub required). Also assume that Wilde will race (which is why he refused a T100 contract: he'd have needed to race Ibiza (late Sep) and Las Vegas (late Oct) which would clash).
Quote Reply
Re: Supertri? [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
E games in April just announced.
Quote Reply
Re: Supertri? [chrisb12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5 outdoor events. Same as last year, minus Malibu (thankfully), plus Chicago and Boston.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have to admit i don’t understand the concept yet. Neither on the website nor in these videos is much information (distances, rules etc.). I can only make some guesses: Drafting allowed, closed circuits, short…?
Sooo…is there anybody who can enlighten clueless people like me?
Last edited by: heiko: Apr 17, 24 10:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can be in Boston in person!!
Quote Reply
Re: Supertri? [heiko] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah if you didn’t follow Super League, it could be annoying that they deleted the old website after rebranding to “supertri” and wrote fuck all in the new one.

A rough idea of the formats: https://www.triathlete.com/...ue-triathlon-anyway/

Also look for Super League races on Youtube, or browse the videos in the supertri channel. The formats are explained at the beginning of each broadcast. And the broadcasts are top notch.

Last edited by: kajet: Apr 17, 24 11:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kajet wrote:
5 outdoor events. Same as last year, minus Malibu (thankfully), plus Chicago and Boston.
I note that the schedule avoids clashes with the T100 races (NEOM a bit close to Dubai, but it is, iyswim). This would be entirely doable in tandem and allow (very) hot shots (like Wilde or GTB or Bergère) to accept T100 wildcards to Ibiza, Las Vegas and Dubai.
Quote Reply
Re: Supertri? [dcpinsonn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dcpinsonn wrote:
Can be in Boston in person!!

I'm so excited for Supertri Boston! I've raced the Boston tri many times and will now definitely be racing this year and will stick around to watch in person.
Quote Reply