Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New IM70.3 in Canada [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
Bah. The field would be stretched thing by that section. I just don't see it.

The only time I did IMC back in the day it was a shitshow all the way to Osoyoos as it was still a mass start and I swam midpack.
Nothing could be more dangerous than that.

Last time I did this descent was in the OG fondo IIRC, with a group of 10 of us, although we were on road, not tri bikes.

It's not the number of people around going the same speed/ skill etc, it's the very different speeds which was even an issue at Worlds in Nice on the descent, wave starts ahead with slower riders and road blockers. You have to be over aggressive to pass and take some risks which everyone would always choose to avoid if possible.

I know what you meant towards osyoos back in the day and it was very dangerous I was in it and hated it, now with the roll start it has broken you the peloton and mass passing.

Technique will always last longer then energy production. Improve biomechanics, improve performance.
http://Www.anthonytoth.ca, triathletetoth@twitter
Quote Reply
Re: New IM70.3 in Canada [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are other options for those not totally fixed on Ironman branded races. I've done many IM brand races in NA. I've also done the Canada Man XTri race 3 times, and it is a fabulous event! It's not for everyone, especially with the technical trail run to the finish. But if you want a challenge, this is easily the toughest triathlon in NA, a very well organized event, beautiful scenery, cheap accommodations, great friendly local volunteers... you won't do any better than Canada Man. And it's now in early October, so anyone who prefers the late season races, it's perfect.
Quote Reply
Re: New IM70.3 in Canada [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
there really isn't anything in the second half of the season.

There's the Barrelman Triathlon the 3rd weekend in Sept - produced by Multisport Canada. Starts in Welland and finishes in Niagara Falls, Ont. Celebrating it's 10th Anniversary this year. 1000+ athletes. Great course. Fantastic on course support. One of the best swim courses in the whole of the sport. And an OK Announcer to greet you at the Finish Line! :-)

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Last edited by: Fleck: Feb 18, 24 16:39
Quote Reply
Re: New IM70.3 in Canada [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
70.3 is the new 140.6

A while back, could be as long as 20 years ago, I was catching the shuttle bus back to the Parking Lot after watching one of the first editions of the Muskoka 70.3 race. The guy in the seat behind me, who had done the race, was going on and on, about how he had just "done an IRONMAN" and that he was now "an IRONMAN". Even back then I did not have the heart to turn around and correct him, but now it does seem to be the reality!

Quote Reply
Re: New IM70.3 in Canada [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grow the 70.3 series and see if the 140.6 organically bounces back.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but I do not see that bounce back happening!

Quote Reply
Re: New IM70.3 in Canada [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:
70.3 is the new 140.6

A while back, could be as long as 20 years ago, I was catching the shuttle bus back to the Parking Lot after watching one of the first editions of the Muskoka 70.3 race. The guy in the seat behind me, who had done the race, was going on and on, about how he had just "done an IRONMAN" and that he was now "an IRONMAN". Even back then I did not have the heart to turn around and correct him, but now it does seem to be the reality!
>
A few years ago Gordon Ramsay posted on social media,with fatherly pride,that his son Jack had become an Ironman after he finished his first Ironman 70.3 . After I politely corrected him,the fires of hell were unleashed on me by his loyal fans. It was pretty funny.
Quote Reply
Re: New IM70.3 in Canada [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After I politely corrected him,the fires of hell were unleashed on me by his loyal fans. It was pretty funny.

Brave man - correcting Chef Ramsay! :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:
After I politely corrected him,the fires of hell were unleashed on me by his loyal fans. It was pretty funny.

Brave man - correcting Chef Ramsay! :-)
Hahaha....I have worked with a lot of Executive Chefs in Five Star Hotels over the years and can confirm that they can be miserable bullies. Extremely talented but bloody miserable,until that is,they like you and then they are great. Very strange...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:
Grow the 70.3 series and see if the 140.6 organically bounces back.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but I do not see that bounce back happening!

Either do I but who knows.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Last edited by: The GMAN: Feb 19, 24 18:14
Quote Reply

Prev Next