Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

discomfort in the saddle
Quote | Reply
I am incredibly uncomfortable riding (currently on the trainer, but it has been a long time since my bike has seen the outdoors) as I try to get back to regular training. After about 15-20 minutes, it is uncomfortable and feels like I am sitting heavy. When I try to change position or stand up, it is really painful for those few seconds that I change position. Anyone else experience this or something like it? Any suggestions? Thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: discomfort in the saddle [littlenorm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where's the pain when you're standing? In your legs? Or in your soft tissue/undercarriage?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you have a chamois cream? That is a small thing that makes a big difference.
You probably do but this is something no one mentioned to me when I started riding and the lack of it caused some uncomfortable skin issues!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: discomfort in the saddle [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Soft tissue/undercarriage. Like the pressure point on the sit bone. And it is equally uncomfortable/painful on both sides.
Quote Reply
Re: discomfort in the saddle [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will get some today for tomorrow's workout!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmmm, time to try out some new saddles?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I will get some today for tomorrow's workout!

I like the stuff that comes in the purple tube. If someone else doesn't remember the name for me, I'll look when I get home.

The thing I use if it's humid is a powder called Zeabsorb. That is kind of like baby powder and prevents pimples in undesirable locations.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: discomfort in the saddle [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got the Chamois Butt'r in the purple tube (yellow cap). It made a big difference. Feel like a little bit of an idiot for not considering trying something in the first place. :) Thanks for the tips!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yup that's the stuff!
No need to feel like an idiot, I didn't think of it either...

Quote Reply