Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

4mm vs 7mm chamois pad?
Quote | Reply
Trying to decide how thick of a chamios pad to have in my new tri suit.

I have historically used a suit with 7mm.
I always get some really bad chaffing on my ass cheeks during the run of an ironman.
Will smaller pad help this?
Quote Reply
Re: 4mm vs 7mm chamois pad? [STeaveA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DeSoto? 4mm for me all the way. I do have a 7mm one, but that only gets used for swim training and as a backup. I even used to use the 4mm tri shorts for pure marathon runs as I found the support and leg pockets were really helpful compared to pure running kit.
That said, theres nothing wrong with a little chamois cream just before you start running, it's not only for cycling.

Sorry, for cycling then the 4mm is perfect and again more comfortable for me on the bike as the thinner material doesn't bunch at all. Counter intuitive, but for longer rides then high quality 4mm is perfect (subject to having the right saddle and position. Note I am still riding 22mm tubed @ 110psi on rough chipseal. So if that's not a 'worst case' scenario I don't know what is.
Last edited by: Duncan74: Feb 2, 24 15:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I always use the thinnest DeSoto pad. The tri shorts are probably more comfortable for running than my running shorts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thin pad for tris. Or change in the change tent. Can't run with a thick pad as you've discovered.
Quote Reply