Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Curious: how many do NOT train inside at all? [TonyRad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I live in Raleigh. Other than hills a runners paradise for weather and greenways. I don’t tri so no swimming. But I have significant increases indoors riding. The local to me rides start hilly and stop signs and take about 40min one way to reach country roads. And care not waste time driving to ride. So indoors or I use the aerobars on my gravel bike at Umstead gravel riding.

The city rides are fine of you stay in rich neighborhoods, safe enough. But not good terrain for a TT bike.
Last edited by: burnthesheep: Feb 5, 24 3:55
Quote Reply
Re: Curious: how many do NOT train inside at all? [Alabama Viking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I live in NW Arkansas and all my training is 100% outside. No more tris for me but a lot of riding and swimming.

All my riding is either gravel roads or single track basically from my front door. Heated outdoor pool year round for swimming as well.

I tried recently to get back on the trainer for the first time in years and just couldn’t do it. Quit after maybe 25 minutes I was so bored. If it’s so cold here I can’t ride I’ll just find something else to do.
Last edited by: Ham Sandwich: Feb 5, 24 6:37
Quote Reply
Re: Curious: how many do NOT train inside at all? [Alabama Viking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried to do this winter 100% outdoors. Got full winter gear, bar mitts, XC skis.

But I finally broke down yesterday and did a Zwift session. Far too much Sierra snow for even fat biking. My wife took the 4WD to work, so couldn't leave the house to make it to an XC ski site. And it would have been risky doing so - might not have been able to drive home.

I could maybe have snowshoed from my house, but called the end to my indoor-free spell. I did learn that about 20F garage temp is about perfect for not needing a Zwift fan. I was still dripping sweat shirtless, but my feet were slightly cold.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Phoenix area - 100% outdoors. Great trail running, mtn biking, golf course running right from my door. My area has bike lanes, good roads, some hills, outdoor pools, and plenty of cyclists so drivers are not so bad.

Andrew Inkpen
Quote Reply

Prev Next