Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Scott DeRue Named IM CEO [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
I guess I need yall to talk to me through this like I'm stupid.

Right now it's not really that difficult to WC Q right? I mean yes it's hard but it's also being shown that it's only hard for certain events. So what solution are yall trying to solve for?

So this program is going to be what? The initial eligibility to qualify? Without the $120 investment, you can't KQ? So then you pay the additional "KQ" on the spot fee when you qualify at said race, on top of the already paid "initial eligibility" fee?

I guess if your trying to come up with every angle that IM can "gouge", fair enough.

Yup, that's pretty much it. They could call it anything, but without the extra $120 you're not eligible. Cue stories of athletes making the KQ placing but not having paid the fee being denied entry and you can scare people into buying it. They could soften it and say "your $120 KQ eligibility fee is applicable towards your Kona entry".

Yes, it would be a complete money grab, I threw out probably as an idea for how IM could generate revenue growth in the coming years. That's literally the only thing that it solves.
Last edited by: mathematics: Jan 31, 24 12:05
Quote Reply
Re: Scott DeRue Named IM CEO [Waingro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Waingro wrote:

PS — the Equinox in my town is infamous as the place where the trainers will screw your wife

Says as much about peoples wives as it does about Equinox & their trainers..................

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Scott DeRue Named IM CEO [mag900] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I *almost* included this link in the initial article, but didn't -- Equinox is working through restructuring its existing debt, which includes a revolver that is due tonight.

https://www.wsj.com/...-maturities-397d74a4

There was also a pretty unpopular January campaign last year. https://athletechnews.com/...uary-1-2023-message/

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Scott DeRue Named IM CEO [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
Waingro wrote:

PS — the Equinox in my town is infamous as the place where the trainers will screw your wife

Says as much about peoples wives as it does about Equinox & their trainers..................

There's some nuance between "I really fucking want to get in shape" and "I really want to get in fucking shape" and "I want to get into really fucking shape"

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Scott DeRue Named IM CEO [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hillarious! 🤣🤣
But what the wives "in his town" are really thinking, going to the gym is: "I really want to get in shape... fucking"

Let´s blame all that on the CEO... makes total sense.

RandMart wrote:

There's some nuance between "I really fucking want to get in shape" and "I really want to get in fucking shape" and "I want to get into really fucking shape"
Quote Reply
Re: Scott DeRue Named IM CEO [Mulen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's not just the wives, either ... in my experience, female trainers - anywhere, not just Equinox - can be a little bit "predatory" towards the male clients, as well (and female ones, too)

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply

Prev Next