Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Kicker treadmill is pretty freakin sweet [FLA Jill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FLA Jill wrote:
Tri78910 wrote:
So I got to try the kicker run today so happy to answer any questions. Overall I was pretty impressed with how fluid it felt. Although I did find the pickup on it a little slow at points. As in if you were doing intervals you can 100% accelerate from a jog to a run before the treadmill picks up pace.

So at this point, they’re governing it to around what you get when you run an auto-adjusting iFit/Nordictrack workout. Which, for me, is typically a pretty useful pace when the workout is programmed to do 30 second surges and such though it’s not quite what Kicker seems to be promising.

I’ll note that I hope they have their IP ducks in a row already because iFit/Nordictrack is pretty aggressive about going after what they see as patent infringement for the auto-adjust along with a pre-programmed workout and Peloton apparently had to pay them a decent settlement over that.

I think its 100% different technology - ifit can auto adjust based on performance and training within a workout. Wahoo is actually using sensors to adjust speed on exactly what you are doing at the time so if you are doing a workout and just decided you want to walk in the middle of an interval it would auto slow down... there is nothing out there like this. I do hope they got their own IP in a row because im sure the big players will be trying to duplicate this
Quote Reply
Re: Kicker treadmill is pretty freakin sweet [thatzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

It has been a long time since I have wanted to buy a new piece of equipment, but this has me VERY interested.

----------------------------
Jason
None of the secrets of success will work unless you do.
Quote Reply
Re: Kicker treadmill is pretty freakin sweet [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timbasile wrote:
lightheir wrote:
EDIT - Just saw DCRaimaker's update - zwift plans to support incline but not speed control on this TM for now. Still pretty cool.

Does anyone have any idea if Zwift has plans to roll out incline to other treadmills? I have a Sole F85 which connects to BT via Zwift. Unfortunately, the connection is really only one way: all it does is broadcast pace. I wouldn't mind it if either Zwift could control the incline (I get why they wouldn't want speed unless you have a safety system), or even if Zwift would accept data for the current incline that I've chosen.

If I put the treadmill at 1%, I don't get any credit in Zwift for elevation gain.

There are some 3rd party apps that purport to do this, but I can't confirm their true ability as none have worked with my Treadmill (Bowflex BXT116). Like you, I can get speed to broadcast natively to Zwift, I can get incline to transfer through with an app on my phone like Runcline of QZ Domyos acting as an intermediary between the treadmill bluetooth and zwift, but I can't get an app to control the incline. Other treadmills have different connectivity abilities. For yours, QZ Domyos might work to control the incline, but I'm too lazy to do a full search of the compatible treadmills: https://www.qzfitness.com/

Edit: I'm not too lazy. Here's a compatibility chart for the QZ app. TL;DR Sole F85 "might" work... https://github.com/...ipment-Compatibility
Last edited by: Khilgendorf: Jan 30, 24 14:59
Quote Reply
Re: Kicker treadmill is pretty freakin sweet [thatzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If history is any indication I don't know think the price is going down.
The Kickr bike increased in price in their V2 version.

thatzone wrote:
Definitely the future with this treadmill.

Although I am not paying $5000, I will wait till the 2nd or 3rd version come out (and hopefully a significant reduction in price).
Anyway just thought this was the best thing for indoor running in a very very long time.

Quote Reply
Re: Kicker treadmill is pretty freakin sweet [Khilgendorf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Khilgendorf wrote:
timbasile wrote:
lightheir wrote:
EDIT - Just saw DCRaimaker's update - zwift plans to support incline but not speed control on this TM for now. Still pretty cool.

Does anyone have any idea if Zwift has plans to roll out incline to other treadmills? I have a Sole F85 which connects to BT via Zwift. Unfortunately, the connection is really only one way: all it does is broadcast pace. I wouldn't mind it if either Zwift could control the incline (I get why they wouldn't want speed unless you have a safety system), or even if Zwift would accept data for the current incline that I've chosen.

If I put the treadmill at 1%, I don't get any credit in Zwift for elevation gain.

There are some 3rd party apps that purport to do this, but I can't confirm their true ability as none have worked with my Treadmill (Bowflex BXT116). Like you, I can get speed to broadcast natively to Zwift, I can get incline to transfer through with an app on my phone like Runcline of QZ Domyos acting as an intermediary between the treadmill bluetooth and zwift, but I can't get an app to control the incline. Other treadmills have different connectivity abilities. For yours, QZ Domyos might work to control the incline, but I'm too lazy to do a full search of the compatible treadmills: https://www.qzfitness.com/

Edit: I'm not too lazy. Here's a compatibility chart for the QZ app. TL;DR Sole F85 "might" work... https://github.com/...ipment-Compatibility

Thanks! You mean you connect the TM to QZ, and QZ will then broadcast elevation and pace data to Zwift?
Quote Reply
Re: Kicker treadmill is pretty freakin sweet [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timbasile wrote:
Khilgendorf wrote:
timbasile wrote:
lightheir wrote:

Thanks! You mean you connect the TM to QZ, and QZ will then broadcast elevation and pace data to Zwift?

Yes. It’ll read data from the treadmill and rebroadcast out, not just speed and incline but also estimated power and some other metrics. It can also control speed/incline on some machines, too. Works with a lot of bikes, too.

It’s really pretty impressive for a one man, self funded job.
Quote Reply

Prev Next