Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Norwegian method podcast [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ajax Bay wrote:
Tri247 take ('tapering' pre-Kona):
https://www.tri247.com/...n-world-championship
Little treatment of the psychological benefit of tapering: must believe that the tapering regime being followed is 'best' (for the subject athlete).

I don't buy that for a second. I'd even wonder if Blu would have done better in Kona if he didn't do that volume and intensity the week of the race. And Gustav put himself in such a hole that he fell apart in St George 3 weeks later and still hasn't recovered.

For sure the tragedy of his mother has affected him, and I do not wish to diminish that, but when half of your test subjects fall apart physically and emotionally perhaps that should also be considered as well when talking about "the Norweigan method".

And to Olafs credit he does bring up a bit about overall athlete wellness, but I don't think we can talk about the highs of the program without highlighting the lows and it looks like the lows are about as low and off the wagon as you can get.
Quote Reply
Re: Norwegian method podcast [Lurker4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Host says "gap analysis" a lot... it makes common sense sound like a management consulting concept!

Not meant as a reply, don't know how to post a normal comment.
Last edited by: emceemanners: Feb 2, 24 10:29
Quote Reply

Prev Next