Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Felt AR1 - Are the Devox wheels and handlebar any good? or would you go for another brand?
Quote | Reply
Hi guys, just got a used AR1 frame, and want to complete it with aero handlebars and a good pair of wheels. I don't have money to buy new, and it's not a disc frame, so eBay is my option. I have seen a couple ads for Devox parts, which are the Felt proprietary parts, but are they any good? or should I look for something else?
Quote Reply
Re: Felt AR1 - Are the Devox wheels and handlebar any good? or would you go for another brand? [MarioTB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I have a 2015 Felt IA4 with Devox base bars and Devox aluminum wheels. The wheels are fine for training but I use my Hed wheels for racing.

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt AR1 - Are the Devox wheels and handlebar any good? or would you go for another brand? [MarioTB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a b14 and the base bars are good. I've had no issues. The extensions seem to be on the shorter end.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd assume the bars are good enough, assuming you can get something sufficiently narrow; you'll improve aero by getting narrower bars far more than you will by getting something with a slightly better shape.

The wheels are probably good enough for training, but if you're looking for speed I'd look elsewhere. You're probably limited on your rim width though, right, since I'd think that bike has limited tire clearance?
Quote Reply
Re: Felt AR1 - Are the Devox wheels and handlebar any good? or would you go for another brand? [hblake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I do have the IA10, and those are good for me as well. I have a Profile Design 58/78 for that one. I'd like info on the road handlebars for the AR1. Different bike :)
Quote Reply
Re: Felt AR1 - Are the Devox wheels and handlebar any good? or would you go for another brand? [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I do have the IA10, and the bars there are good for me. I have a Profile Design 58/78 wheelset for that one. I'd like info on the road handlebars for the AR1. Different bike :)
Quote Reply
Re: Felt AR1 - Are the Devox wheels and handlebar any good? or would you go for another brand? [obi-one] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, also an IA10 owner, and those bars are good for me as well. I might swap them in the future, as my bike fit evolves. I'd like info on the road handlebars for the AR1. Different bike :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was talking about road handlebars.

I guess the better question before providing any advise is to ask what your goal for this bike is. Are you trying to road race? Just solo for fun? Group rides?
Last edited by: imswimmer328: Jan 19, 24 13:55
Quote Reply
Re: Felt AR1 - Are the Devox wheels and handlebar any good? or would you go for another brand? [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes road handlebars and it's my main sprint and oly bike; with the aim to train and compete with it. I do 95% of my rides in zwift and the only times I ride out is when a competition is near or when I actually compete lol. It's mainly group rides, but we're never more than 4-6 people in my group.
Quote Reply