Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New shoes - full rotation setup needs replaced
Quote | Reply
Any solid ideas for a good shoe rotation? No decent stores around so it needs to be online ordering.
200 pounds, 6'7", 50 years old. Size 14, high and narrow foot. No stability issues.

Currently:
Saucony Ride 16 for slow. Don't love them, don't hate them. Would like something more soothing for after a hard weekend.
Saucony Speed 2 for most of my runs, . My favorite shoe ever.
Nike Vaporfly 2% for run race day. I get more than 4% increase in performance back. I love the way they feel. But I'm not a huge fan of how they fit, and I can't run sockless at all in these.

So I'd like a nice soft bouncy easy shoe, a current replacement for my Speed 2, and a new supershoe that is preferably sockless- compatible.
What do all you experts suggest?

Edit: I really don't like the Nike Pegasus

NO
Last edited by: Alabama Viking: Jan 16, 24 7:04
Quote Reply
Re: New shoes - full rotation setup needs replaced [Alabama Viking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really like the asics novablast 3. I'm also ~200 lb, I wouldn't say they're super cushioned, I'd say they'd be a replacement for your go-to daily shoe. They have good cushion but still feel fairly responsive. Closest thing I've found to the Pegasus turbo, which was the greatest shoe ever, although I also despise the normal Pegasus.
Quote Reply
Re: New shoes - full rotation setup needs replaced [Alabama Viking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't like the feel of the speed 2 by Saucony, but really like the 3. They are on sale now too I think. I just go an email from Saucony. Check them out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Skechers Razor Hyperburst. You can generally find these at some decent prices on-line. The hyperburst foam does really great with shock absorption and it's also bouncy. I have run in these sockless.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alabama Viking wrote:

Currently:
Saucony Ride 16 for slow. Don't love them, don't hate them. Would like something more soothing for after a hard weekend.
Saucony Speed 2 for most of my runs, . My favorite shoe ever.
Nike Vaporfly 2% for run race day. I get more than 4% increase in performance back. I love the way they feel. But I'm not a huge fan of how they fit, and I can't run sockless at all in these.

To replace the Rides look at the Asics Nimbus or Cumulus latest editions. Brooks Glycerin is another possibility

The Speed 3's are WAY, WAY better than the 2s. Maybe the best update of a shoe in the last 3-4 seasons. You might also like the Asics noosa tri's. I've stuck several XXXX sponsored runners in these. You may also want to try the Hoka Mach X, Saucony Kinvara Pro, even the new Kinvara is pretty good

For racing try the Saucony Endorphin Pro's or newest vaporfly's. Sockless is personal, no ideas on if these would work for you or not.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: New shoes - full rotation setup needs replaced [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you, I never would've even considered the Asics, the easy shoe was my biggest headache. I also like the 8 mm drop.

NO
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I too loved the Saucony Endorphin Speed 2. Didn't love the 3. I'm now putting some good miles into the On Cloudsurfer 7's and so far they have been really nice. Comfort for days, great forward feeling shoe. That's been my new daily, with the Endorphin Pro 3 for race day / speed work. Between the two, I don't feel the need for a long, slow day shoe. (although I have the On Cloudeclipse on order because now I'm curious in the new Ons)
Quote Reply