Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shout out to Favero Electronics
Quote | Reply
I have a dual Assioma set up on my bike. Last year I noticed that sometimes the R pedal wouldn't light up when I connected the charger. Over time this got worse and it finally got to the point where I couldn't connect to it with the app.

I contacted Favero customer service and they were much more helpful than I was expecting. They walked me through several steps, had me email them photos and videos, and finally decided the pedal internals were dead/broken/damaged/no-longer-working.

These pedals are not new. I think I bought them in 2020. While I didn't think anything I had done damaged the pedal, I was expecting them to say "Sorry, they're out of warranty, but you can buy a new R pedal at a xx% discount."

What they did was charge me a reasonable FedEx shipping fee from Italy to Texas and sent me the internals for me to replace.

I just received them today, so I haven't gone through the replacement process, but this kind of customer service is the kind that I will give a shout-out to and when I purchase new power pedals I'll be buying from Favero.

Not a coach. Not a FOP Tri/swimmer/biker/runner. Barely a MOP AGer.
But I'm learning and making progress.
Quote Reply
Re: Shout out to Favero Electronics [LEBoyd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That’s awesome.

Fortunately, I’ve not had trouble with my pedals. I love em.

This is totally not related to your problem but I’ve found my pedals do not light up sometimes when I hook them to the charger. In my case, it’s usually just a case of me having to clean the surfaces of the charging point in the pedals.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a similar story actually.
I was involved in a an accident as a pickup driver hit me while I was on a cycling holiday. I was very lucky and the worse thing that happened to me is that I destroyed my Assioma pedals.

I assumed they were 100% unusable but I emailed them and they walked me through some testing and they confirmed the internals were still working fine so I could simply replace the pedals and swap the internals. So they sent instructions and that's what I did and they are as good as new.

I had to pay a little but much less than new pedals.
Last edited by: marcoviappiani: Jan 9, 24 5:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+1

My left Assioma Duo pedal nuked its internals when a bearing seized mid ride. That was after about 3 years of big mileage use. They sent me the replacement at a nominal charge and the pedals have been going strong another year now.

Professional Athlete: http://jordancheyne.wordpress.com/ http://www.strava.com/athletes/145340

Coaching Services:http://www.peakformcoaching.com/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is good news to hear. I've got a set just sitting in the garage that are toast and I figured I was out of luck since Ive had them so long. Been too lazy to reach out to them. Now I think I will.
Quote Reply
Re: Shout out to Favero Electronics [EyeRunMD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same here. My Favera Assioma Duo has been the best power meter I have owned.
Quote Reply