Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike Q - New Speedconcept vs. V-PR
Quote | Reply
Looking at new bike - and trying to decide between Trek Speedconcept or V-PR. I’m a fan of QR in general and had a positive experience of being a customer but hear really good things about the Trek. For reference I’m an improving AGer and on 70.3 / Olympic distance racing… solid rider with room to improve for sure.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Q - New Speedconcept vs. V-PR [AndyDawson01] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Following because I have the exact same question for myself. I am currently on a previous generation rim brake Speed Concept and it's quite nice.

V-PR can be built cheaper from a frameset and has a bit more options for integrated hydration. And the X-PR is even cheaper and basically the same. That's really the only clear difference I see.

Personally I feel "Quintana Roo" is too long a name to stick on the down tube and looks cluttered. But they do custom paint jobs, maybe I could pay them to only stick QR are on there?

Personally I wish that Trek made the more aggressive handling TT geometry available with the Bento Box and IsoSpeed that come on the SLR (not sure if those can be added in later to the TT frameset though?).
Last edited by: colin449: Jan 6, 24 8:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you can afford the speed concept that's my choice. I would love to get the new one. I have had 3 rim brake versions and likely selling one of them soon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is a redesign of the V-PR coming later this year. Matt Hanson has been riding it for most of the 2023 season. It has a new front end, wider fork, covered front brake caliper, and integrated internal hydration.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Last edited by: Bryancd: Jan 6, 24 10:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Which one fits you best?
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Q - New Speedconcept vs. V-PR [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's not a replacement of the V-PR, it's intended to be more exclusive as suits a more limited use case.

For the OPs question - Speed Concept bars are not flash. The V-PR allows you to choose and their options are much more adjustable than the SC.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Q - New Speedconcept vs. V-PR [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have bought two bikes from QR, an aero road bike (SR5) and an Obed gravel bike. For me they are great to deal with because I get exactly what I like component wise, (longer stem, shorter cranks, wheel choice, seat, tire choice) vs buying the brand bikes and having to swap out all of their low end spec corner cuts and get what I want. I have bought Treks for other family members and they always give you a nice frame but seriously downgrade the mid range models with all of their other low end bontrager parts.

Also QR has regular sales where you can get additional discounts above and beyond their site prices, and they have great customer service.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Easy. Speed Concept. If I were spending that much, I wouldn't get anything less than a P-5 or SC. They are the benchmark for aero.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you can swing it financially, buy the Trek. You will not be disappointed. The bike is extremely adjustable and you can customize it with a project one order.

blog
Quote Reply