Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Adding TRX to weekly schedule
Quote | Reply
My kids got me TRX bands for Christmas and I’d like to add in them for general fitness and injury prevention. I’ve had a hip issue caused last year by muscle imbalance and have generally weak core.

Would it make sense to do a full body after my harder cycling workouts during the week or something else?
Quote Reply
Re: Adding TRX to weekly schedule [LacticacidMCB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depending on your age, isolated strength training has been very useful to me in managing imbalances and trying to stave off injuries. The TRX could be great for that - especially if you focus on single leg / single arm exercises.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do a little bit of body weight work everyday, kettlebells 2-3 / week and 1 day of deadlifts

I’ve never felt more pliable or strong in my life, and I’m ~40

I’d say incorporating 3-4x / week will be amazing for Your fitness. Start slow and build up to it
Last edited by: mvenneta: Jan 5, 24 19:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tangential response.

I've found out that for me pilates is absolutely essential for keeping me able to train. And this is continuing as I get older, but was the case from late 30s.

I have a 6am monday and friday regular slot, then add in a third middle of the day midweek during off season/base phase. This means I do it on my 'rest ish' Monday after days of long ride and long swim/run and then on Friday building into the weekend. In the peak training months I'll backup pilates with a 30-60min run straight after, and so I get to my desk 8:30am having done 2 hours of work. Then on a Monday night will typically do either a recovery jog (not if run in AM) or recovery ride. Ditto with a friday easy 8-10k run after work.

For me then it's fitting in the recovery time after physio/massage that's trickier for the programme. Still, got to make the coach earn his $$.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just experiment. I swim, bike, run, and lift 3x each every week with 1 rest day.

My favorite rotation is to swim/bike on days 1/3/5 and lift/run on days 2/4/6. On day 2 I lift weighs (chest, shoulders, legs) in the morning and run in the afternoon. On day 4 I reverse it (back, core, and arms). Day 6 timing is flexible because it's the weekend and my exercises aren't heavy (body weight exercises only), so they don't affect my long run much.
Last edited by: BigBoyND: Jan 5, 24 23:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve been doing full body after my harder cycling days. I figure it gives more time to recover. So Monday, Wednesday or Thursday, and Saturday. If I’m doing to strengthen hip flexors / hamstrings where I have imbalances, then it doesn’t matter right? As if I’m tired then I’d work more what isn’t worked?
Quote Reply