Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Quarq plus kickr plus erg workout in 56/15 equals?
Quote | Reply
Tough times?

I thought I would put it in the 56/15 for intevals instead of the 42/whatever. Like whoa harder.

I have Zwift controlling kicker with the Quarq. So shouldn’t be any trainer weird stuff with flywheel speed and power.

Why?
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq plus kickr plus erg workout in 56/15 equals? [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's really hard for a trainer to adjust power when the wheel speed is high. If you're using erg mode, it's better to use the small chainring and a bigger cog. Better yet just turn off erg mode entirely, esp for TT training IMO
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq plus kickr plus erg workout in 56/15 equals? [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, the rides before with the Quarq controlling it power wise was in erg in small ring when it felt more "right". I hear ya on the maybe try it free ride in tempus fugit OR slope mode or something instead to get steadier power.

I guess 56/15 at 100rpm is a bit quick for erg mode. I think the spikes in power during it trying to control are what did me in. If doing under/overs it's already tough doing the overs, to not deal with the odd swings way over for like 2 secs every so often if cadence isn't perfect.

As the super gross avg for the under and the over were roughly within 1 to 2 watts of target, but the "signal" was all over the place and I could feel the trainer fight me then ease off then fight me. As only a couple rpm change at that speed is a lot.
Quote Reply