Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

experience with OOfos? (or other "recovery" shoes)
Quote | Reply
I ruined my indoor shoes. (cheap pair from tj maxx that I put my inserts for high arches in to walk around house)

Likely to buy another cheap pair and do the same thing, but considering other options.

Do i need to wear my insert with oofos shoe or do they have high arch support? Not sure I want a slide if it doesnt support the arches, but maybe they do and thats part of what I'm asking.

I also deal with mild but chronic PF, posterior tib and some achillies tenderness (been to PT a few times and constantly manage with pt stuff at home). Wearuing shoes in house as opposed to barefoot helps.

Probably not worth the extra money for these specific items, but just crowdsourcing info here if you have nay input.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: experience with OOfos? (or other "recovery" shoes) [curdog16] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Oofos black slip ons. They are the most comfortable footwear I have, it's amazing how soft they are. So soft they even make the Hoka recovery slides seem on the hard side.

One important drawback though is that the bottoms become super slippery on wet surfaces. Like dangerously so. Never use them on boats or othere wet smooth surfaces (smooth pool decks) - you'll definitely kill yourself.

I'd say they are worth the premium for them. I do have other cheaper slides but the Oofos is definitely the softest/nicest.

I don't think they help 'recovery' any more than normal footwear though.
Quote Reply
Re: experience with OOfos? (or other "recovery" shoes) [curdog16] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oofos flip flops have been clutch for me being able to walk nearly pain free around the house. Also dealing with PF and these things feel like walking on marshmallows.
Quote Reply
Re: experience with OOfos? (or other "recovery" shoes) [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
I have the Oofos black slip ons. They are the most comfortable footwear I have, it's amazing how soft they are.

I'd say they are worth the premium for them. I do have other cheaper slides but the Oofos is definitely the softest/nicest.

I don't think they help 'recovery' any more than normal footwear though.

100% agree.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slightly off topic, but I've found that wearing ultrasoft max cushion shoes as everyday wear-arounds to be quite helpful vs. the continual impact from dress shoes or minimally cushioned shoes like Vans. Right now my go to is the Gel Nimbus 25.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When we moved into a house with stone tile floors all on the first floor, I bought my husband a pair of the slides since his memory foam slippers weren't providing any help. He dealt with a couple bouts of PF right before that, and was also still trying to recover from the last bout at the same time. He loves them, and hasn't had a PF issue since. He wears those things nonstop (not the same pair, he has worn through a couple pairs), winter/spring/summer/fall. Even after we just moved and have less unforgiving floors, he's still wearing them nonstop.

When I saw how much he loved them, I bought myself a pair. Then a pair of the regular/thong flip flops. Then another pair of flip flops. Then a pair of the Oofos sneakers.

They are the best. There is nothing like slipping into a pair after a triathlon or a big workout day.

Get them. You will not be disappointed.

(Also, it may be worth taking a look on Poshmark and seeing if there are any for sale there at less of a price point. That's actually how I bought the Oofos sneakers. The seller bought them, wore them a couple of times, hated them, and sold them. I got a $130 pair of practically brand new sneakers for $40.)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oofas are worth the money. I have high arches and suffer from tight peroneals and don't feel the need for additional support. I wouldn't be without mine now. Only thing I find is they can get a bit sweaty barefoot. I really look forward to putting them on post long run with a fresh pair of cotton crew socks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love my Oofos slides. the only thing sizing can be a bit tricky, at least it was for me.
I am quite prone to blisters and even then they are extremely comfortable to wear.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kane footwear. Not super cheap, $75. They have decent-good arch support. For me they are way better than being barefoot for my PF and achilles pain.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
curdog16 wrote:
I ruined my indoor shoes. (cheap pair from tj maxx that I put my inserts for high arches in to walk around house)

Likely to buy another cheap pair and do the same thing, but considering other options.

Do i need to wear my insert with oofos shoe or do they have high arch support? Not sure I want a slide if it doesnt support the arches, but maybe they do and thats part of what I'm asking.

I also deal with mild but chronic PF, posterior tib and some achillies tenderness (been to PT a few times and constantly manage with pt stuff at home). Wearuing shoes in house as opposed to barefoot helps.

Probably not worth the extra money for these specific items, but just crowdsourcing info here if you have nay input.

Thanks!
I started with a pair of Oofas slides a few years ago. They were wonderful and magical. Then my dog ate one. I am now in a pair of Hoka recovery slides. Equally magical, if not even a little more comfortable. I occasionally wear them in public, much to my family's discontent.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have had my Oofos for a year now. They are fantastic. It's my first pair of "recovery" footwear besides compression socks, so I don't have anything to compare them to, but I don't walk around the house without them.

The outsole is definitely soft, so if you're using them outside the house they will wear down pretty quick. But they're so comfy that I do it pretty often anyway.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll echo what most are saying. I've been wearing a pair of the black slides for longer than I can remember (wearing some right now). They are my "house" shoes as we've got wood floors that I don't like walking on without some support. Absolutely love them.
Quote Reply
Re: experience with OOfos? (or other "recovery" shoes) [IronScholar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks all for the replies! Sounds like they might be worth a try. A few general questions:

Does the model matter? Whats the difference between sport flex and sport slide sandal?

If size 11 running shoe, what size in the sandal? (I heard they might run small)

Just to clarify, the sandals have good high arch support?

Scholar - can the soles of the shoe come out for an insert or do I not need (cause the shoes have good high arch support?)
Last edited by: curdog16: Jan 4, 24 9:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had PF a few years ago and slides and shoes were the two things that solved my issues. Initially I had Hokas I'd wear around the house and I bought the Hoka slides. Kept them by my bedside and basically stopped walking around the house barefoot.

The Hoka slides are great and easy to get into. I just bought a pair of the Oofos this fall at IM Florida and to compare the two slides... the Oofos are softer than the Hokas. Very comfortable and I prefer them to the Hoka slides.

Not sure about the arch but wearing Hokas as my walk around shoes and slides in the house really solved my PF.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Definitely curious what model you all would recommend, and what the differences are. The site does not make this very clear and there seem to be quite a bunch of options!
Quote Reply
Re: experience with OOfos? (or other "recovery" shoes) [mattBLiTZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mattBLiTZ wrote:
Definitely curious what model you all would recommend, and what the differences are. The site does not make this very clear and there seem to be quite a bunch of options!

I have both the sandals and adjustable slides. They both feel very similar. I wear the slides more because they're adjustable and I can wear them with or without socks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
curdog16 wrote:
Thanks all for the replies! Sounds like they might be worth a try. A few general questions:

Does the model matter? Whats the difference between sport flex and sport slide sandal?

If size 11 running shoe, what size in the sandal? (I heard they might run small)

Just to clarify, the sandals have good high arch support?

Scholar - can the soles of the shoe come out for an insert or do I not need (cause the shoes have good high arch support?)

The arch support on these is fantastic. I wear over the counter orthotics in all my shoes, and no need at all for orthotics with these. More arch support than anything I have worn and I like them way better than Hokas.
Quote Reply
Re: experience with OOfos? (or other "recovery" shoes) [Upstaterun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you mean the show or the slide/sandal?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
curdog16 wrote:
Do you mean the show or the slide/sandal?

I have only tried the slide/sandal. Arch is high/super supportive.
Quote Reply