Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? Jan 1 edition
Quote | Reply
Spill!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Jan 1 edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Goals for this week are 1. Healthy coping skills 7/7 2. Journal every day 2. Practice 2 min pauses 2x a day (at least). 3. Get on a sustainable amt of running
as far as (1) yesterday wasn't perfect but it was really really close

The 2 min pause is just set a timer on my phone and sit or lay doing nothing for two min (ok to put music on). It is a calm down technique I am practicing.

7/7 :-) this puts me at a whole bunch of days in a row, not sure how many as I'd have to look at my log but am psyched!

journaled... twice

did not practice pausing

did a sustainable amt of running! 3 swims, 3 runs, 1 total rest day

goals this week are the same as last

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Jan 1 edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Goals for this week- finish all my races this week, including my first Marathon.
Thurs- 5k, Fri- 10k, Sat- 1/2 Marathon, Sun- Marathon.
I’m pretty much all packed up to go, just need to help my sister finish packing, flight leaves tomorrow morning.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Jan 1 edition [SDCali] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wooo!!!!! I hope you have a fantastic time!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:

7/7 :-) this puts me at a whole bunch of days in a row, not sure how many as I'd have to look at my log but am psyched!

LOOK AT YOU GO! What a fabulous lead in to a new year!

I started 2024 by not going to parkrun because it was cold and I didn’t want to. So, not an auspicious start to the year. But, it’s my birthday tomorrow and I don’t normally start a new year until January 3rd for precisely this reason. lol, excuses, but at least it’s the same one every year.

My husband has been having some mental health challenges that have cast a considerable pall over, well, a lot of the last year. He’s been doing better over the past couple of weeks, which has been really wonderful. I’ve been embracing that with both hands, because it’s rare and precious. It hasn’t gotten me any fitter, but it has made me happier and damnit I’ll take that every time.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Jan 1 edition [UK2ME] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm glad to hear your husband has had a better couple of weeks, both for his sake and yours.

Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Jan 1 edition [UK2ME] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
happy birthday, uk2me!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used healthy coping skills last night to sit through some feelings.

I'm super anxious today. DEPLOYING THE HEALTHY SKILLS. I can handle this. I've done it so much!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. DEPLOY THE SKILLS is no my go to phrase when I need healthy coping skills
2. I did a good job yesterday!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DEPLOY THE SKILLS!

What a great rallying cry. I might add another post-it to my monitor, which is where I keep all my important reminders:-
“Put your own oxygen mask on first!”
“What do you deserve credit for today?”
“There are seven days in a week, and someday is not one of them.”
“What would D.M. do?” (Possibly the most consistent friend I have!)

(Life is better with post-it notes haha)

I hope you’re still having a good week!
Quote Reply