Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Heads up for online purchases - price on Google vs. in the cart
Quote | Reply
My wife suggested I post this to let you know about what just happened to me yesterday when I bought a new Thule bike rack from an online retailer.
I was looking on google for a Helium 2-bike model, and google listed a few who had a 2-bike model on sale. I clicked on the advertised price for the 2-bike model and it took me to the company's web page to add it to the cart. It wasn't until I was hitting the Place Order button and getting the confirmation that I saw that the model had been changed to the 1-bike version.
I probably could have paid closer attention prior to that...but I seem to recall it just gave me the option to put it in the cart. Or, perhaps I just assumed....
Fortunately, I did pay closer attention to the confirmation. I immediately emailed the retailer to let them know that the price in their ad for the 2-bike model was not what ended up being what was charged.
I gave them the option to actually honor that advertised priced or to cancel the order. They cancelled it.

Anyway, just a heads up to be careful.

I'm just one 50-mile race away from my goal weight.
Quote Reply
Re: Heads up for online purchases - price on Google vs. in the cart [4tridad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s not uncommon for merchants to have a small % of errors in the data feeds they send to Google and other comparison shopping engines. The error was probably inadvertent. There are a few cases where shoppers have sued the merchant using anti bait and switch laws, especially if they can show a pattern of intent/deception.

Merchants pay Google Shopping for each click over to their site, so it makes little sense to intentionally show the wrong price as they will pay for lots of clicks that don’t turn into sales.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Heads up for online purchases - price on Google vs. in the cart [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My thing that everywhere does is charge different prices for the identical item in different size color combos. Bait folks in with half off, of only the size 13 pair in color “baby puke”. Then nothing is on sale otherwise. You click and get there and waste of time.
Quote Reply