Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: TriBike officially out of business [trimike77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trimike77 wrote:
Oh, I'm sorry. I thought that we were trading trite sayings that we felt applied to the situation...

We can call it that for sure, and you won.
Quote Reply
Re: TriBike officially out of business [bulldog15] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you mean that the saying I posted is more applicable to the situation that the post is referring to than your "shitty" one, I will take that win. Thank you.
Last edited by: trimike77: Feb 2, 24 8:16
Quote Reply
Re: TriBike officially out of business [trimike77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shipper Release TriBike Transport bikes held in monetary dispute https://triathlonmagazine.ca/...in-monetary-dispute/
Quote Reply
Re: TriBike officially out of business [shaper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shaper wrote:
Shipper Release TriBike Transport bikes held in monetary dispute https://triathlonmagazine.ca/...in-monetary-dispute/

this story just gets crazier. happy they have a solution. I know the guy behind ProBikeExpress, he's amazing and the bikes will be in good hands. Also: hilariously ironic that PBE is doing the final TBT delivery when TBT tried to drive him out of business a few years back. PBE is a single-person operation (that offers exceptional service) - TBT did some pretty crappy and underhanded things to try and make them go under.
Quote Reply
Re: TriBike officially out of business [TriNSki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Years ago I think United was one of the last holdouts and I live in one of their hubs an even with status rarely got away form bike fees, so the price delta was small to pay the round trip bike fee or the convenience of choosing TBT or BikeFlights. I used them for a few events and the packing, unpacking was not a problem for me, so it was just the convenience of not having to drag the box through airport, rental car shuttle, etc. Now, my bike flies for free and upgraded bike box to soft side that is easier to maneuver, so no longer offers the value.

It will be interesting to see how Kona is impacted and if IM comes up with a solution. I wonder if there is any insight on how many bikes were shipped to Kona via TBT or similar versus flown in when they did the double race weekend? That might prove an indicator if the additional bikes being flown in can be absorbed or would still be a major increase if there is not an alternative method of shipping.

TriNSki wrote:
laughable wrote:
Marc/TBT should have stuck with the North American races. They had a solid business plan. But I guess after Covid the business plan changed to recoup asap no matter the cost. Expansion can be good but doing it too quickly can be detrimental as it obviously was for him.

As an athlete that depended on TBT for my IM races, this has to have an affect on IM. I know a poll was taken here last month but I am not sure it truly reflected the impact of athletes who will no longer fly/ travel for races.

I am now personally concerned about how to get my bike to Kona.

check out the separate thread on bike cases.
I didn't want to be without my bike for 3 weeks prior to Kona, so I took it in my Scicon bag. MANY of these bags at the kona airport, way too many to count. I am now at the point where I am totally fine flying with my bike. just have to pick airlines that count a bike bag as a regular bag as long as you make weight..

I miss you "Sports Night"
Quote Reply
Re: TriBike officially out of business [shaper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriBike's website is officially down/ not existent .
Quote Reply
Re: TriBike officially out of business [laughable] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
laughable wrote:
TriBike's website is officially down/ not existent .

Mannn thats a sad realization. I remember the two best days of each of my first couple IM races were registration for the race itself and then signing up for TBT. Thats what made it real for me.

All good things often come to an end.
Quote Reply
Re: TriBike officially out of business [mountain_erin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know him as well but he's only regional in that he picks up in a few western states. I used PBE for the first time this year at Milwaukee & it was excellent. How you can stand in a parking lot all day with a bunch of bikes takes some real endurance! I will use PBE since he's local, whenever I can. Otherwise, I have my BBA to use and it is well under the max w/race wheels. Just need to put the other stuff in a gear bag!
Quote Reply
Re: TriBike officially out of business [Yeeper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree.
I used them countless times (at least 8 times) and enjoyed every experience with them. I am more disappointed that they took my ~$600 for Kona 2024 and never gave it back.

Now i have the added stress on trying to figure out how to get my bike to Kona this year.
Quote Reply
Re: TriBike officially out of business [laughable] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am also looking for a solution to get my bike to Kona. In the past, I had no problem taking my bike apart, packing, etc. But with new integrated bars, Di2, and more complicated front end bearings, I no longer trust myself for assembly/disassembly. Hoping someone soon picks up the vacancy TBT has left.
Quote Reply

Prev Next