Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Rowing apps like zwift
Quote | Reply
I know there might be some specific rowing forums where this question might be better. Did some google searches that brought me to some of those forums and still haven’t found a great answer.

Anyone using any apps for rowing like zwift that they like? Looking for some workouts and races.

Have seen EXR and Cozweat but can’t find anyone comparing one against the other.
Quote Reply
Re: Rowing apps like zwift [Kaywould] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love rowing for cross training but am not a fan of using apps. My approach is to watch YouTube videos of Austin, also known as the Tall Guy or anybody else and to focus on their workouts. I have my laptop with a HDMI cable to a 55 inch TV and it feels like I'm rowing with the dude in the YouTube video.

An example workout is a 40 minute workout, 2 minutes at 18 SPM, 2 minutes at 20 SPM, then 1 minute at 22 SPM (repeat this 8 times). My favorite stair workout is 2 minutes at 20 SPM, 1 minute slow, then 2 minutes at 22 SPM, 1 minute slow, 24, 26, 28 and then back down, 28, 26, 24, 22 and 20. This is a 30 minute workout.

Since I'm a runner/triathlete, I try to focus on form and Strokes Per Minute. I would believe that if you are rowing with an App, then you are trying to "keep up" with somebody else or have a faster average time per 500 meters.

This may not answer your question, but hopefully it gives you a couple of ideas for rowing workouts.
Quote Reply
Re: Rowing apps like zwift [candyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Excellent perspective
Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm the opposite. Back in the Day (tm) I *loved* the indoor competitions at C.R.A.S.H. B's and the satellite competitions where you link up ergs all in one location and get the 1980's line graphic competition on a big screen. Coxswain screaming all manner of brutal profanity in your ear for the last 20 strokes. BREAK THE F***** CHAIN OFF!!

I haven't done that in a looong time, though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use an APP called RowedBiker to link my concept2 to Zwift . It allows me to use my rower output to energise my avatar. Works well - you need a computer and a cell phone to make it work
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You might ask over in the Lavender Room - sphere and jkhayc had a thread about rowing going on over there. Or shoot sphere a message.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply