Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

If triathlon had team scores...USA A team (men) barely beats Norwegian "B" team at Indian Wells.
Quote | Reply
USA population of 333 million, squeezes out a victory against the Norwegians, population of 5.5 million. This was only due to heroic measures from Marc Dubrick and Sam Long in the last half of the run, as well as a late pick off by Trevor Foley.

Norway scores 1,4,7 for a score of 12.
USA scores 2,3,6 for a score of 11.
Quote Reply
Re: If triathlon had team scores...USA A team (men) barely beats Norwegian "B" team at Indian Wells. [Thebigturtle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All of the above is valid, BUT... The 70.3 Indian Wells is a low importance race at the end of season / beginning of new season. You can't expect everybody to be in his/her best shape. I don't think any pro is particularly picking for it for any other reason than to get Taupo 70.3 WC slots.
Quote Reply
Re: If triathlon had team scores...USA A team (men) barely beats Norwegian "B" team at Indian Wells. [Thebigturtle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think we've long since learned in dozens of niche sports that country total population size has little correlation to success in elite competition. If the U.S., as a whole, wanted to become more competitive it'd promote youth and collegiate triathlon in a serious way. But it probably won't, it'll say mostly a participation sport for older people.
Quote Reply
Re: If triathlon had team scores...USA A team (men) barely beats Norwegian "B" team at Indian Wells. [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, all true. Just a fun little analysis and it would be cool if they had more middle distance events with team scores or relay style races between the pros. That being said, I do think it says something positive about the way the Norwegians train. Of course, we have talked about this extensively on the forum.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bring back the Collins Cup!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here, let me help:

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/.../?page=unread#unread

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thebigturtle wrote:
USA population of 333 million, squeezes out a victory against the Norwegians, population of 5.5 million. This was only due to heroic measures from Marc Dubrick and Sam Long in the last half of the run, as well as a late pick off by Trevor Foley.

Norway scores 1,4,7 for a score of 12.
USA scores 2,3,6 for a score of 11.

Serious question - could you have even gone to Vegas on bet on the race?
Quote Reply
Re: [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just looked it up. Highest temp during summer in Norway is like 65. I bet swim felt great for them at Indian Wells.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In other news, water is wet....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why so small, world population 7+ billion, Norway 5+million and they get the gold medal in the olympics. OR the world against them at Kona, 1st and 3rd,(mens) the world the rest...So being just the men, just 3 billion plus against maybe 3 million??
Quote Reply