Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Is Zwift still possible with a Computrainer?
Quote | Reply
Is anyone using Zwift with a Computrainer? Mine does not seem compatible anymore. It’s so sad.

Thanks.

-
"It's nice to be great, but far greater to be nice"
Quote Reply
Re: Is Zwift still possible with a Computrainer? [yoe400800] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used mine last week.

A friend of mine used his yesterday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yoe400800 wrote:
Is anyone using Zwift with a Computrainer? Mine does not seem compatible anymore. It’s so sad.

Thanks.

possibly this can be helpful
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yoe400800 wrote:

Thanks.

Also, check out PerfPro’s CT Smart application, which will enable you to broadcast the CT as a more modern ANT+ trainer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yoe400800 wrote:

Thanks.

I had an issue a month ago (or so) called Zwift. They told me they had stopped supporting Computrainer and the upgrade I had just done may have caused Zwift to not connect anymore and you can't "undo" upgrades. I ended up buying the zwift hub and their "click to shift" which has made it very quiet. So although I miss the Computrainer, the new set-up is nice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been using a computrainer for years now and mine still works with Zwift. Mine was purchased in 2014. For the past year the calibration doesn't really work anymore. And I feel like the watts are off but that is not due to Zwift. It's just my computrainer is almost 10 years old. I don't know how old your computrainer is but if it's 10 years old or newer, it should work with Zwift. Oddly enough I have the Kickr Rollr being delivered tomorrow. I need a different ride experience for my knees and lower back. I already sent back a Wahoo Kickr as it felt like riding in sand and irritated my knees quite badly. (you do need a power meter for the Rollr to work with Zwift).

ETA - just read B.Mcmaster's post. So I haven't upgraded my Zwift and I think I hit the "later" option for the latest update. And I haven't been on my trainer in a week due to tweaking my lower back. My Rollr is arriving just in the nick of time as my back is feeling better and I should be on my bike this weekend.

Death is easy....peaceful. Life is harder.
Last edited by: Triingtotrain: Dec 1, 23 6:02
Quote Reply
Re: Is Zwift still possible with a Computrainer? [Triingtotrain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought mine second hand in 2012 from Carmichael Training.
It was probably 6 years old then.

I use my powermeter for the power source so I never have to calibrate the CT.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Zwift still possible with a Computrainer? [Triingtotrain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone.

I must have upgraded some time. When I’m on the pairing screen Zwift recognizes my CT for about 3 seconds, then drops it.

Maybe I’ll try the PerfPro solution.

-
"It's nice to be great, but far greater to be nice"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yoe400800 wrote:
Thanks everyone.

I must have upgraded some time. When I’m on the pairing screen Zwift recognizes my CT for about 3 seconds, then drops it.

Maybe I’ll try the PerfPro solution.

This is another issue they are having even with some of their hubs. After a few calls, I was told to pair through my phone and it fixed the issue. But I can't pair through bluetooth at the moment.
Quote Reply