Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: You know the Left has an antisemitism problem [mattbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mattbk wrote:
chaparral wrote:
trail wrote:
chaparral wrote:

Northeastern specifically says they ordered the protest cleared because someone said “kill the Jews”.

Pedantics, but that's why they deemed the protest no longer something they wanted on campus at that particular time (according to them).

The students were, I believe, arrested for failing to disperse when commanded to do so. Again, according to them - I do not know if they were afforded a reasonable time to disperse.

I'm not validating the facts, maybe no one yelled "Kill the Jews" and maybe they arrests started immediately after a perfunctory dispersal order. Just relaying the stated rationale as I see it.

It is not pedantic, it is literally the explicit reasons the university voted. That is the reason that the university decided to clear the protest.

I don’t think it is good to reward someone for saying “kill the Jews”.

Again, he was obviously calling out the Hamas supporters for what they were apparently chanting. The school officials herd the chants as well. Doubtfull that they only herd one person say it not very loud and obviously questioning the Hamas group. And the Hamas group supplied 15sec of video to falsely support their claim when they must have had more video. That's how bullshit clips work, though in this one the pro Israel is not simply saying "Kill the Jews". He called out the Hamas supporters for chanting Kill the Jews and told them thats what they were saying earlier at the protest. That they cut that out of their video is of course unsurprising. Disappointing to see you fall for their propaganda, especially with all the professional protesters and instigators that continually show up and manipulate these silly and naive college students to be their pawns.

First, can you support this claim that there was a Hamas group present. This is a big accusation and I don’t see any evidence.

Second, so you are saying this NPR reporter is lying:

https://x.com/...XKV1ghhjJ-gpfjpVyTqg

Why do you believe she is lying?

I don’t think I am the one that has fallen for propaganda here, but somebody has. It is the one making accusations based on no evidence.
Quote Reply
Re: You know the Left has an antisemitism problem [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
mattbk wrote:
chaparral wrote:
trail wrote:
chaparral wrote:

Northeastern specifically says they ordered the protest cleared because someone said “kill the Jews”.

Pedantics, but that's why they deemed the protest no longer something they wanted on campus at that particular time (according to them).

The students were, I believe, arrested for failing to disperse when commanded to do so. Again, according to them - I do not know if they were afforded a reasonable time to disperse.

I'm not validating the facts, maybe no one yelled "Kill the Jews" and maybe they arrests started immediately after a perfunctory dispersal order. Just relaying the stated rationale as I see it.

It is not pedantic, it is literally the explicit reasons the university voted. That is the reason that the university decided to clear the protest.

Again, he was obviously calling out the Hamas supporters for what they were apparently chanting. The school officials herd the chants as well. Doubtfull that they only herd one person say it not very loud and obviously questioning the Hamas group. And the Hamas group supplied 15sec of video to falsely support their claim when they must have had more video. That's how bullshit clips work, though in this one the pro Israel is not simply saying "Kill the Jews". He called out the Hamas supporters for chanting Kill the Jews and told them thats what they were saying earlier at the protest. That they cut that out of their video is of course unsurprising. Disappointing to see you fall for their propaganda, especially with all the professional protesters and instigators that continually show up and manipulate these silly and naive college students to be their pawns.

First, can you support this claim that there was a Hamas group present. This is a big accusation and I don’t see any evidence.

I don’t think I am the one that has fallen for propaganda here, but somebody has. It is the one making accusations based on no evidence.

Umm, you are basing you conclusions on emotion. I am basing them on the evidence of the video you thought supported you that actually goes against you, and also the evidence of the school officials saying it happened and shutting it down. You are arguing against the evidence while I am arguing the evidence.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mattbk wrote:
chaparral wrote:
mattbk wrote:
chaparral wrote:
trail wrote:
chaparral wrote:

Umm, you are basing you conclusions on emotion. I am basing them on the evidence of the video you thought supported you that actually goes against you, and also the evidence of the school officials saying it happened and shutting it down. You are arguing against the evidence while I am arguing the evidence.

What is evidence do you have that there were pro-Hamas people there?

What evidence do you have that the reporter present is lying?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
mattbk wrote:
chaparral wrote:
mattbk wrote:
chaparral wrote:
trail wrote:
chaparral wrote:

What is evidence do you have that there were pro-Hamas people there?

What evidence do you have that the reporter present is lying?

Well, Palestine is run by Hamas. Its their ruling political party. There have been plenty of sightings at these rallies of waving Hamas flags. There are also plenty of manipulators at their protests, professionals like we saw at many BLM(tm) events. That is why some Universities have been doing catch and release if you show student IDs, if you can't then jail.

What evidence do you have that a single reporter from a news source in question for woke manipulation was not lying? Or, she could be oblivious to what happened.

Bonus question:
Why was the recent USC valedictorian's speech just canceled? (Hint: She has social media content advocating a one state solution dependent on the wiping out of Israel, amongst other things)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

mattbk wrote:
Well, Palestine is run by Hamas. Its their ruling political party.

Well that is factually not true.

Quote:
There have been plenty of sightings at these rallies of waving Hamas flags

Evidence of that at northeastern? Because you keep claiming they support Hamas.

Quote:
There are also plenty of manipulators at their protests,

Like the person you are defending ?

Quote:
What evidence do you have that a single reporter from a news source in question for woke manipulation was not lying? Or, she could be oblivious to what happened.

I don’t, so I guess she is not lying then. Is that what you are now saying.

Quote:
Bonus question:
Why was the recent USC valedictorian's speech just canceled? (Hint: She has social media content advocating a one state solution dependent on the wiping out of Israel, amongst other things)

Was this USC valedictorian at the northeastern protest?
Quote Reply
Re: You know the Left has an antisemitism problem [stevie g] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevie g wrote:
No , but thanks for the life tip.

Just block me it works for others

I've never blocked anybody, but yes, I'm tempted.

And while I'm providing "life tips", you might try writing complete sentences. What exactly did you mean by "Confusing that having to read what they actually wrote."?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[/quote]

Well, Palestine is run by Hamas. Its their ruling political party. There have been plenty of sightings at these rallies of waving Hamas flags. There are also plenty of manipulators at their protests, professionals like we saw at many BLM(tm) events. That is why some Universities have been doing catch and release if you show student IDs, if you can't then jail.

Bonus question:
Why was the recent USC valedictorian's speech just canceled? (Hint: She has social media content advocating a one state solution dependent on the wiping out of Israel, amongst other things)[/quote]

Caveat 1: My wife is Jewish.
Caveat 2: My experience is limited to a large university and college town in northern Colorado.
Caveat 3: I work in LE.

I've witnessed a significant amount of overt and covert anti-Semitism at Pro-Gaza protests - with behaviors ranging from the typical "oppressor" language to chants of "fuck Israel" to specific threats of violence towards pro-Israel counter-protesters. In addition, there is daily pro-Palestine graffiti appearing in numerous places. It goes up as quickly as the city can clean it off.

The oddest act of protest I've seen was three women (all 50-60 years of age) who used Guerilla Glue to glue their hands to the wall of city council chambers. I have new respect for the sticking power of Guerilla Glue. It took hours and much solvent to remove these ladies from the chambers and transport them to jail.

All of the protests I've witnessed have included strong under-currents of anti-Semitism coupled with very overt anti-Semitism by members of the protest groups. We've been lucky and have thus far not experienced any violence or significant acts of disruption, although I anticipate that coming. The protesters have become much more aggressive and confrontational over the last few weeks and the media coverage of events out of state will likely embolden that behavior locally.

The protest groups I've seen appear to be decidedly left wing. They have a look; IYKYK. Nearly identical to BLM protesters from a few years ago. Their local demands seem somewhat amorphous. As if a mid-size city in Colorado has any influence on war in Israel. Just today, there was a large protest on campus and the student group presented the university with a demand letter; they demanded university divestment from Israel, ending study abroad in Israel (and presumably disinviting Israeli students?) and turning down money from corporations with ties to the US military.

"In case of flood climb to safety"
Last edited by: just jack: Apr 29, 24 21:44
Quote Reply
Re: You know the Left has an antisemitism problem [just jack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do not doubt that there is a large AS component to the protests - as with most of these types of things, the most militant tend to be the most vocal and not representative of the the majority who may have some sympathy with specific issues

I think many people who are not anti semites want a cease fire and a two state solution and do not approve of the continued response of the Israeli government. It doesn't make them antisemitic
Quote Reply
Re: You know the Left has an antisemitism problem [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
I do not doubt that there is a large AS component to the protests - as with most of these types of things, the most militant tend to be the most vocal and not representative of the the majority who may have some sympathy with specific issues

I think many people who are not anti semites want a cease fire and a two state solution and do not approve of the continued response of the Israeli government. It doesn't make them antisemitic

Yes, agreed. I want a ceasefire and 2 state solution and i don’t approve of the continued response of the Netanyahu government. Just reporting my observations as someone who’s been in the mix recently.

One other thing that i have found troublesome is the tacit and at times explicit support of Hamas. And the notion that October 6 was justified. An image that is stuck in my mind is a white non-binary queer person with dyed yellow hair wearing a “Fuck Israel” shirt and Hamas flag as a cape protesting at a city council meeting.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just jack wrote:
An image that is stuck in my mind is a white non-binary queer person with dyed yellow hair wearing a “Fuck Israel” shirt and Hamas flag as a cape protesting at a city council meeting.

I guess it's some sort of mark of moral superiority to support people that would literally slit your throat if given the chance.
Quote Reply
Re: You know the Left has an antisemitism problem [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
just jack wrote:
An image that is stuck in my mind is a white non-binary queer person with dyed yellow hair wearing a “Fuck Israel” shirt and Hamas flag as a cape protesting at a city council meeting.
I guess it's some sort of mark of moral superiority to support people that would literally slit your throat if given the chance.

From what I've read, same sex marriage is completely legal in the West Bank (since 1951) and in Gaza of course its illegal. But no throat slitting and the IDF have killed far more Americans, gays, and journalists than Hamas has. Israeli Jews though will spit on Christian Pilgrims in Jerusalem and block aid from reaching Gaza.

I've seen this point of view a lot in the last few months, that the LGBTQ shouldn't be protesting against the war because gays don't have equal rights etc. Its like you expect them to think "Until Israel completely obliterates Gaza and forcefully changes their morals and LGBTQ laws, I can't support them." I'd say its you that has a moral superiority problem.
Quote Reply
Re: You know the Left has an antisemitism problem [tri_kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri_kid wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
just jack wrote:

From what I've read, same sex marriage is completely legal in the West Bank (since 1951) and in Gaza of course its illegal. But no throat slitting and the IDF have killed far more Americans, gays, and journalists than Hamas has. Israeli Jews though will spit on Christian Pilgrims in Jerusalem and block aid from reaching Gaza.

I've seen this point of view a lot in the last few months, that the LGBTQ shouldn't be protesting against the war because gays don't have equal rights etc. Its like you expect them to think "Until Israel completely obliterates Gaza and forcefully changes their morals and LGBTQ laws, I can't support them." I'd say its you that has a moral superiority problem.

I don't support either side, so you'll have to infer my morals from that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just jack wrote:
Andrewmc wrote:

Yes, agreed. I want a ceasefire and 2 state solution and i don’t approve of the continued response of the Netanyahu government. Just reporting my observations as someone who’s been in the mix recently.

One other thing that i have found troublesome is the tacit and at times explicit support of Hamas. And the notion that October 6 was justified. An image that is stuck in my mind is a white non-binary queer person with dyed yellow hair wearing a “Fuck Israel” shirt and Hamas flag as a cape protesting at a city council meeting.

That person is an idiot.

To be clear was it the actual Green and white Hamas flag or the Red, Black, white, and green Palestinian flag? I have seen lots of Palestinian flags in the coverage but no Hamas flags. They are striking.

It does appear that some of the anarchists that caused chaos at BLM demonstrations are bringing their special brand of stupidity to these protests. Concealed faces, hidden weapons, breaking into buildings. They are there to cause chaos.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tri_kid wrote:

From what I've read, same sex marriage is completely legal in the West Bank (since 1951) and in Gaza of course its illegal.

Same sex marriage is not legal in either Gaza or the West Bank.

Wanting a peaceful two state solution is a reasonable goal but a LGBTQ person supporting Hamas is completely illogical. A good example of how they treat gay people is what they did to one of their senior leaders who was gay.

Hamas Files Found by Israel in Gaza Detail Execution of Senior Member Accused of Being Gay - Palestinians - Haaretz.com
Quote Reply
Re: You know the Left has an antisemitism problem [Nutella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nutella wrote:
tri_kid wrote:

From what I've read, same sex marriage is completely legal in the West Bank (since 1951) and in Gaza of course its illegal.

Wanting a peaceful two state solution is a reasonable goal but a LGBTQ person supporting Hamas is completely illogical. A good example of how they treat gay people is what they did to one of their senior leaders who was gay.

Hamas Files Found by Israel in Gaza Detail Execution of Senior Member Accused of Being Gay - Palestinians - Haaretz.com

Anyone who is not a fundamentalist Muslim supporting Hamas is completely illogical. If you really believe in the plight of the Palestinians they're the last group you should be supporting. It's like protesting the fire bombing of German civilians in Dresden in WWII by supporting the Nazis.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nutella wrote:
tri_kid wrote:

I should have said same-sex acts were decriminalized in the West Bank while it was under Jordanian occupation in 1951. Anyways, the strategy to condemn LGBTQ groups for supporting Palestinians is called "pinkwashing". Its Israel's and their supporters' way of saying "Don't support the Palestinians regardless of the violence towards them or how oppressed they are because they just aren't as civilized as we are. Just look the other way and blame Hamas while we discriminate against them.

https://theconversation.com/...washing-a-war-218322
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tri_kid wrote:
Nutella wrote:
tri_kid wrote:

I should have said same-sex acts were decriminalized in the West Bank while it was under Jordanian occupation in 1951. Anyways, the strategy to condemn LGBTQ groups for supporting Palestinians is called "pinkwashing". Its Israel's and their supporters' way of saying "Don't support the Palestinians regardless of the violence towards them or how oppressed they are because they just aren't as civilized as we are. Just look the other way and blame Hamas while we discriminate against them.

I think there is probably something to that, but what was being discussed here was someone supporting Hamas. IMO, anybody doing that is a fool or has some sort of ideology just as misguided as their's.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just jack wrote:
I've witnessed a significant amount of overt and covert anti-Semitism at Pro-Gaza protests - with behaviors ranging from the typical "oppressor" language to chants of "fuck Israel" to specific threats of violence towards pro-Israel counter-protesters. In addition, there is daily pro-Palestine graffiti appearing in numerous places. It goes up as quickly as the city can clean it off.

The oddest act of protest I've seen was three women (all 50-60 years of age) who used Guerilla Glue to glue their hands to the wall of city council chambers. I have new respect for the sticking power of Guerilla Glue. It took hours and much solvent to remove these ladies from the chambers and transport them to jail.

All of the protests I've witnessed have included strong under-currents of anti-Semitism coupled with very overt anti-Semitism by members of the protest groups. We've been lucky and have thus far not experienced any violence or significant acts of disruption, although I anticipate that coming. The protesters have become much more aggressive and confrontational over the last few weeks and the media coverage of events out of state will likely embolden that behavior locally.

The protest groups I've seen appear to be decidedly left wing. They have a look; IYKYK. Nearly identical to BLM protesters from a few years ago. Their local demands seem somewhat amorphous. As if a mid-size city in Colorado has any influence on war in Israel. Just today, there was a large protest on campus and the student group presented the university with a demand letter; they demanded university divestment from Israel, ending study abroad in Israel (and presumably disinviting Israeli students?) and turning down money from corporations with ties to the US military.

The hand gluing is not new. It's a method frequently employed by climate activists to shut down roadways. A funny edition of this happened not too long ago where it took a while for the fire department to drill them out of the pavement and they were begging the police to feed them water and bring them pee buckets (though they had no hands available so the police would have been expected to do more than supply the bucket).
Last edited by: mattbk: Apr 30, 24 6:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tri_kid wrote:
Nutella wrote:
tri_kid wrote:

No it isn't. Pointing out the fact that Hamas are a bunch of religious extremists does not mean that you think Palestinians are not oppressed or not civilized.

People that really want a free, independent, Palestinian state should be aggressively calling out the corrupt extremists who have been leading Palestine for decades. Getting rid of Hamas, not celebrating them, is an essential part of the equation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:

mattbk wrote:
Well, Palestine is run by Hamas. Its their ruling political party.

Well that is factually not true.

Quote:
There have been plenty of sightings at these rallies of waving Hamas flags

Evidence of that at northeastern? Because you keep claiming they support Hamas.

Quote:
There are also plenty of manipulators at their protests,

Like the person you are defending ?

Quote:

I don’t, so I guess she is not lying then. Is that what you are now saying.

Quote:
Bonus question:

Was this USC valedictorian at the northeastern protest?

Typical of you to keep twisting things. It's going on at many of these encampment university protests. And you are denying it happened here because of a very short and clipped video purporting a pro Israel person was chanting "Kill the Jews". Watching the video easily showed that the pro Hamas supporters were lying and you are now propagating their lie here. And to say I am defending this person is pathetic. You propagated obvious lies and I called you out on it. And you now label an anti protestor a manipulator for questioning the "Kill the Jews" narrative that keeps popping up at most of these debacles?

And yes you should pay attention to why the USC valedictorian's speech was canceled. These are your campus heroes that are further manipulated by the professional agitators being shipped in. These are the types you are literally defending (with your head buried in the sand).

"One Palestinian state would mean Palestinian liberation, and the complete abolishment of the state of Israel. This is the only way towards justice."

https://www.instagram.com/asna.tabassum/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am thinking about making bumper stickers that read:

" My money and my terrorist go to Columbia University"

or

"I sent my kid to Columbia University and he came back a terrorist"

They should sell out in minutes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[/quote]

To be clear was it the actual Green and white Hamas flag or the Red, Black, white, and green Palestinian flag? I have seen lots of Palestinian flags in the coverage but no Hamas flags. They are striking.
.[/quote]

It was a green flag with white Arabic looking writing. I didn’t get a close look at it but from across the chambers and considering it was worn as a cape, it appeared to me to be the actual Hamas flag (which, I just checked, can be purchased on Amazon for $7.95 with free Prime delivery).

Quote Reply

Prev Next