Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone put a tririg alpha one on a P5 or A P Series bike?
Quote | Reply
I’ve put the alpha one on a couple of Cervelos (P2 and P3)

Wondering if possible on a P5?

Possible on a P series?

Thinking of getting a P5 frameset as I can’t seem to find the build I want in the P5 full bike
Last edited by: MrTri123: Nov 10, 23 12:16
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone put a tririg alpha one on a P5 or A P Series bike? [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which P5?
P5-3
P5-6
P5D
?

I have a tririg alpha one on my P5-6 but it required making a few custom parts.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone put a tririg alpha one on a P5 or A P Series bike? [pwai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pwai wrote:
Which P5?
P5-3
P5-6
P5D
?

I have a tririg alpha one on my P5-6 but it required making a few custom parts.

Thank you for your answer
I think they just call it P5

https://www.cervelo.com/en-US/bikes/p5
Last edited by: MrTri123: Nov 10, 23 13:17
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone put a tririg alpha one on a P5 or A P Series bike? [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So they’re all called P5.. thank you cervelo, we’ll be confused forever now 😂
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone put a tririg alpha one on a P5 or A P Series bike? [pwai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pwai wrote:
So they’re all called P5.. thank you cervelo, we’ll be confused forever now 😂

Lol

Yes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You could do a P-series. I do not believe the current P5 has the ability to swap bars. IMO I wouldn't want to anyway.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MrTri123 wrote:

Possible on a P series?

Thinking of getting a P5 frameset as I can’t seem to find the build I want in the P5 full bike

Assume you're looking at current models:
P-Series, yes
P5, no
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone put a tririg alpha one on a P5 or A P Series bike? [Xing triathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Xing triathlete wrote:
MrTri123 wrote:

Possible on a P series?

P-Series, yes
P5, no

Yes current models
Thank you

Does this look like a p5 or a 5 series

A bike shop just emailed me this pic and said they do put the tririg front end in P5s.

Last edited by: MrTri123: Nov 10, 23 18:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MrTri123 wrote:
Xing triathlete wrote:
MrTri123 wrote:

Possible on a P series?

P-Series, yes
P5, no

Yes current models
Thank you

Does this look like a p5 or a 5 series

A bike shop just emailed me this pic and said they do put the tririg front end in P5s.
Thats a P5. It must have an adapter to make it happen. Similar to the adapter made for the Speed Concept.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would really really not recommend doing that. I don't think that the P5 has a standard steerer tube diameter, so there probably is an adapter and there's no way I'd trust a modification like that. It blows my mind how willing people are to throw random mods on their bikes and run with it without really understanding the implications.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone put a tririg alpha one on a P5 or A P Series bike? [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Much appreciated

Thank you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I assume it works fine with no adapter on a P5-3 (circa 2012)? That was going to be my big upgrade this year. Closing in on 40 and need to get some height under my arms to help my neck! Sat up the last 15 miles of my last half.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MrTri123 wrote:

Possible on a P series?

Why not, if you think you need more pad X, just buy a different brand that fits the pad XY coordinates more closely?

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Anyone put a tririg alpha one on a P5 or A P Series bike? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
MrTri123 wrote:

Possible on a P series?

Why not, if you think you need more pad X, just buy a different brand that fits the pad XY coordinates more closely?

Any suggestions are very much appreciated

Thank you

I know nothing about other bikes than Cervelo

Have riden Cervelo for 20 years or more I believe

I have 2 brand new alpha ones I put on P3s. Figured since I had them I could put them on a new bike

Actually have narrowed it down to P 105 and just build it up/change over as I see the need
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MrTri123 wrote:
desert dude wrote:
MrTri123 wrote:

Possible on a P series?

Any suggestions are very much appreciated

Thank you

I know nothing about other bikes than Cervelo

Have riden Cervelo for 20 years or more I believe

I have 2 brand new alpha ones I put on P3s. Figured since I had them I could put them on a new bike

Actually have narrowed it down to P 105 and just build it up/change over as I see the need

Get the P-Series, put the tri-rig bars on it, add the delta cover and save yourself some money.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The P5 will certainly limit your front end choices. AeroCoach, WattShop, FastTT, and probably others make pretty nice arm rests/extensions that fit the P5 though. I have a P-Series with the whole Vision Metron TFE setup with the front brake cable routed through the fork/steerer. Probably just as fast and more adjustable than a P5. I think the more standard front end of the P-Series gives you more flexibility, and the Tri-Rig setup is pretty nice as well with good BTA mounting options.
Quote Reply