Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

128 70.3 Races Worldwide. Any Recommendations?
Quote | Reply
Lately I've been driving to races from Florida. PCB, Augusta, Haines City, Chatty, Wilmington, NC. If I'm packing the bags to fly, where in the world should I pick for 2024?

John Hollenhorst
St Pete Beach
Quote Reply
Re: 128 70.3 Races Worldwide. Any Recommendations? [Hed Case] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Muncie

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Switzerland in June
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like you're only doing IM branded races?

How about the new IM branded 70.3 in the Dominican Republic (end of April). Hard to beat that for a race-cation. And probably not a bad flight from the Eastern US

Death is easy....peaceful. Life is harder.
Quote Reply
Re: 128 70.3 Races Worldwide. Any Recommendations? [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
Muncie

Cannot, indeed, decide if pink or not. I’ve done 70.3 Muncie on the old date. I did a 70.3-distance race at the same venue at the same time of year as the current version. Nice race, but not sure I’d fly there…

Only race I’ve ever flown to was 70.3 Worlds at St. George. (No brag - deep rolldown). That was incredible…awesome course, awesome location, awesome hospitality. If OP hasn’t been to that part of the country, I’d highly recommend it.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hed Case wrote:
Lately I've been driving to races from Florida. PCB, Augusta, Haines City, Chatty, Wilmington, NC. If I'm packing the bags to fly, where in the world should I pick for 2024?

Honu
St George
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never done any of these but if I was to go all out and fly to a north American 70.3, my list would look a little like:

Oceanside
St george
Victoria
Boulder
Oregon
Tremblant (exception bc I have done this one, but it would be a flight for you based on location)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cairns in Oz or Langkawi in Malaysia... Probably the only two IM's I'd ever do again and they both have 70.3's the same weekend.
Quote Reply
Re: 128 70.3 Races Worldwide. Any Recommendations? [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Belgrade September 15 :)
PR course for sure
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IM 70.3 Michigan! The BEST IM 70.3 site in the USA. I've been to EVERY IM 70.3 race in the USA and this is my favorite! If you have time stay after the race - cycle around Leelanau County just north of Frankfort and Traverse City. Sept. weather in Michigan is fantastic and the roads are cycle friendly!

My second recommendation of IM 70.3 Maine. The new site in Augusta is perfect for a summer get-away from the Florida heat and humidity. Stay after the race and do some cycling along the coast of Maine from Rockland to Bar Harbor or go even farther north up toward Canada!

Z
Quote Reply
Re: 128 70.3 Races Worldwide. Any Recommendations? [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tomziebart wrote:
IM 70.3 Michigan! The BEST IM 70.3 site in the USA. I've been to EVERY IM 70.3 race in the USA and this is my favorite! If you have time stay after the race - cycle around Leelanau County just north of Frankfort and Traverse City. Sept. weather in Michigan is fantastic and the roads are cycle friendly!

My second recommendation of IM 70.3 Maine. The new site in Augusta is perfect for a summer get-away from the Florida heat and humidity. Stay after the race and do some cycling along the coast of Maine from Rockland to Bar Harbor or go even farther north up toward Canada!

Z

I know Lionel and the other pros that did Michigan this year raved about the course.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: 128 70.3 Races Worldwide. Any Recommendations? [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cozumel?
Cascais?
Coeur d’Alene?
Quote Reply