Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Triathlete Research
Quote | Reply
Hey all,
I know several in here took part in our research study this past year and I'll be presenting a poster on the injury epidemiology piece of it this week. Wanted to attach the poster for everyone to see. We are also planning to do this again at the beginning of next year with some modifications. If you have any feedback, I'd love to hear it.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Research [USMResearch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A few points:
Might need to explain Qualitrics
Need to give overall % injured/not injured and possibly break down by gender/age
Difficult to read white text on paler bits of background
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting piece of research. I attempted something similar but there were simply too many factors to be able to make any determination from the results. Some general comments:

There needs to be references to support statements for instance:

• Where did the information come from about triathlon?
  • What other sports were compared to Triathlon to determine there is an elevated injury risk?
  • Where did the information come from about the most common injuries?

Statements in academic papers/posters need to be supported with references otherwise they're just opinion.

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Last edited by: philipshambrook: Nov 8, 23 16:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SMTTT

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Research [philipshambrook] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I concur. These are my repetitive statements to my undergraduate & graduate students:

Opinions & assumptions are not fact. You must provide evidence to support statements/claims.
Explain everything. Justify everything. Do not assume the reader knows anything about what you are presenting.

Language might be a bit sensationalistic: "The risk of injury while training for a triathlon is significant and can be severe enough to require modifications to the training program."
Bike length in a sprint tri is typically 20K.
It's a small sample size and self-reporting is always a bit problematic.

#swimmingmatters
Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.
The Doctor (#12)

Quote Reply