Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? Nov. 6 edition
Quote | Reply
How are you? How was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Nov. 6 edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goals this week are healthy coping skills and journal every day. I have had to fight my brain both yesterday and today but the healthy brain won both days even though it was HARD.

I'm not sure how many days of healthy coping skills I had - it was 5 or 6 (definitely not 7). THIS WEEK I WILL GET 7/7.

Other goals for the week are
- 2x a day, pause for 2 min and just breathe. (I've done this once today and it was very calming!). I'm practicing this when I feel on an even keel emotionally so when I need it when I am having feelings of some sort, I have practiced it (if that makes sense). It's training :D
- journal every day
- PT exercises every day

sorry to not report sport stuff right now, I'm jog/walking again and have been for a month and achilles is doing well! Pain free. I've done a great job not pushing this and I'm proud of myself. Cycling I've been enjoying, and stairmaster. Swim I don't want to talk about.

Thanks to everyone for being here.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Nov. 6 edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
got through yesterday
today is going to be a long day but I can do it

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One day at a time, Dr. TC.... One jog/walk, one breathing exercise, one journal entry at a time. Yay for Achilles doing well, recovering properly, and finding enjoyment!

I love that you're practicing your breathing even when you feel fine so that it's more easily available to you when you need it. I learnt to ride a motorcycle a couple of years back and you get reminded a lot to practice your emergency stops so that when that emergency happens the muscle memory is already there and you can stop safely. I hadn't thought about applying that to mental health techniques, but it makes so much sense.

I swam last week, which is better than nothing. Today is Day 4 of the current campaign to stop smoking (I so should have known better than to pick that back up again over pandemic lockdowns..... Derp), and amazingly, everybody in the household still has their eyeballs intact. I think my husband is struggling more than I am physically, but I'm an emotional hot mess. So the goal this week is to keep staying the course and trying not to eat everything that's not nailed down.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Nov. 6 edition [UK2ME] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
muscle memory

yup, that's it exactly :-)

Quote:
Today is Day 4 of the current campaign to stop smoking

well done, you! Sorry you're an emotional hot mess. Would gum help you avoid eating all not nailed down things?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I meant to reply to you the other day to ask how you were doing. I'm doing it now and sending warm wishes that you're not having cravings that are too intense. (idk what nicotine withdrawal is like but I assume it's a bitch and that you're maybe going through it)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you!

I'm actually doing pretty well; mostly because I'm a stubborn mofo and once I've decided on a thing I will just stick to it bloodymindedly.... for better or worse! I've mostly narrowed the eating down to mints and fruity Mentos - which are surprisingly moreish lol. My husband caved on Thursday night, but he also smoked a couple and then wished he hadn't so I guess at some point that will all start over again for him.

I get to go do my fitting on my new bike tomorrow, which I'm super excited about and is a good reminder of why I'm quitting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I'm actually doing pretty well; mostly because I'm a stubborn mofo and once I've decided on a thing I will just stick to it bloodymindedly.... for better or worse! I've mostly narrowed the eating down to mints and fruity Mentos - which are surprisingly moreish lol.

You rock!

what's "moreish" mean?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ha! I didn’t realize “moreish” was quite so British… 18 years on this side of the pond and still some things surprise me :)

I think the most charming and delightful definition I’ve seen was “compulsively munchable“ - think Girl Scout thin mints!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Ha! I didn’t realize “moreish” was quite so British… 18 years on this side of the pond and still some things surprise me :)

I think the most charming and delightful definition I’ve seen was “compulsively munchable“ - think Girl Scout thin mints!!

oooh I love it!

I'm not a Thin Mint freak... I like the caramel ones and PB ones! Those are moreish!

Quote Reply