Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: [Lagoon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lagoon wrote:
MrRabbit wrote:
Oh wow, great response. TBH I also wouldn't do a sprint that didn't have race day pickup, simply because of logistics. I'm just too far from most races I like and too busy (a baby will do that).
Having a couple young kids and a wife who works full time is also why I can't really pull off races that don't have same day packet pickup. However, since I am the 2nd post on this thread saying I wouldn't do the race I went back and edited the post to be fair to JMosey in case anyone stumbles onto this thread in the future.

I appreciate that… and simply reach out to me and we will get you taken care of if you want to come race with us!
Quote Reply
Re: [Lagoon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lagoon wrote:
MrRabbit wrote:
Oh wow, great response. TBH I also wouldn't do a sprint that didn't have race day pickup, simply because of logistics. I'm just too far from most races I like and too busy (a baby will do that).

Having a couple young kids and a wife who works full time is also why I can't really pull off races that don't have same day packet pickup. However, since I am the 2nd post on this thread saying I wouldn't do the race I went back and edited the post to be fair to JMosey in case anyone stumbles onto this thread in the future.

I said this - Oddly - I will get on a plane and fly to a sprint... Go figure.

I looked up the 2024 dates for the 2 races mentioned and they don't work for me given plans I already have, but this thread may have determined one of my 2025 races.
Quote Reply
Re: [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They also do gravel tris if you are into that?
Quote Reply
Re: [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pwraddr wrote:

Thanks! We have two gravel Tris and four road Tris and will be launching a series for the 6 we put on. We also have road races, gravel races, road marathons, trail runs and even a mountain bike race. Something for everyone 😊
Quote Reply
Re: [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
desert dude wrote:
s13tx wrote:
Don’t support that race. They don’t give a crap about athletes. They have take it or leave it attitude. Shitty race directors do that crap. They can’t be considerate.

WOW. That's a pretty myopic pov. You seem really triggered, maybe it's just a bad day & your usual attitude isn't my way or the highway. Either way I can tell you have never been an RD, and probably never will be one, given how one sided and angry you sound about this.

It's just a sprint. If you can't support people who's willing to drive that far to do your race, you don't deserve a support from out of town athletes.
At least, offer race day pick up for some fee like $10-20. Pay a kid $100 in the morning and if 10 people show up, you did a favor for 11 people.
That will weed out lots of people who want to pick up the packets on the race day. Sorry, I don't support and have sympathy for dumb and ignorant people like that.
Be proactive, plan better, learn from other people and think in other people's shoes if it doesn't hurt much.

Wow dude. How about you dial it back a notch or two. The RD had the courtesy of responding himself providing good arguments. You could argue back without the insults.

Weren't you all triggered bitching in another thread about lifelong swimmers? Something going on?
Quote Reply
Re: [JMosey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JMosey wrote:
Pwraddr wrote:

Thanks! We have two gravel Tris and four road Tris and will be launching a series for the 6 we put on. We also have road races, gravel races, road marathons, trail runs and even a mountain bike race. Something for everyone 😊

The gravel tri I did (the Dirty Mitten) was a half IM and was such an awesome (but difficult) time I can't wait to go back. 12 hours of driving in total for me and I relish the idea.....

Kiwami Racing Team
Quote Reply
Re: [JMosey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Heh John. I just got back from Iceman weekend so I’ve been away from this thread. I did not read all the comments, just yours.

In no way did I talk negative about your company. I even started out saying they were two great events. I asked two clarifying questions:

Anybody else run into a rule like this for Sprint races? Doesn’t seem like overkill for such a short race?

I was more curious as how common this was for Sprint.

I did do MiTi this past year and spoke to somebody at packet pickup. I was told the exceptions were for emergencies or other extreme situations only (car issues, flights, etc). If exceptions can be made to cut down on spending 90-minutes in a car, great. I’m all in. I was just led to believe inconvenience is not a reason for an exception.

Thanks for your response.

Quote | Reply
Good attempt to spin it, 6/10.
Quote Reply
Re: [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not my issue if you struggle with reading comprehension. Whatever. I sleep just fine. Have a great day.

Prev Next