Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo P5 Disc + Wove Saddle
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

I am in the process of setting up my P5D with a Wove Saddle. I am coming from a Dash saddle, where I had no real issues, but been on the same saddle for a few years now and looking to explore other options. I have installed the saddle to spec (12nm) on my p5d but getting movement along the rails in the fore/aft direction. It doesn't move enough to alter fit, but has that horrible creaking sound. I did order a new piece from Ritchey specific to the carbon rails to see if a new one might help. Has anyone had any experience with this? From what I can tell the dash is a 7mm round rail as well.

IG: NCGregory8778
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 Disc + Wove Saddle [Savage8778] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi there,

while we've emailed, I'll put this here for general public use.

I'd suggest replacing the bolt on the Ritchey clamp. I do like that clamp for its simplicity, but 12nm is a ton of torque and we've seen the threads on that bolt stretch (plastic deformation) when tightened all the way to the max 12nm.

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 Disc + Wove Saddle [Savage8778] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Savage8778 wrote:
Hi all,

I am in the process of setting up my P5D with a Wove Saddle. I am coming from a Dash saddle, where I had no real issues, but been on the same saddle for a few years now and looking to explore other options. I have installed the saddle to spec (12nm) on my p5d but getting movement along the bloxd io rails in the fore/aft direction. It doesn't move enough to alter fit, but has that horrible creaking sound. I did order a new piece from Ritchey specific to the carbon rails to see if a new one might help. Has anyone had any experience with this? From what I can tell the dash is a 7mm round rail as well.

One common cause of creaking is dirt or dust on the contact surfaces of the seatpost, the seatpost clamp, and the saddle clamp. You can try to clean these parts with a cloth and some degreaser, and then apply some grease or carbon paste to prevent friction and corrosion. You can watch this video for a detailed guide on how to do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb5Jr-vXGSs
Last edited by: deannoble: Nov 2, 23 5:35
Quote Reply